Add to Mobile Home Screen

Add to Mobile Home Screen 1.4.1

No permission to download
What are you trying to do and what do you have set?
Just wanting the functionality to appear to myself first whilst I test/review it.
At /admin.php?options/list/addToHomeScreen I have set 3 for "Show to Usergroup" (3 - Admin, which I'm a member of). For testing purposes, have also un-ticked both "Skip First Visit" and "Max Display Count" to 0

Using 3 in the "Show to Usergroup" would be ok. Make sure you dont have any spaces before or after it in the options.

In a desktop browser check the source code to see if "addtohomescreen.min.js" is being included. If its being shown then we know the js file is included and the usergroup setting is working.

In a desktop browser check the source code to see if "addtohomescreen.min.js" is being included. If its being shown then we know the js file is included and the usergroup setting is working.
Yes, I see it there. Followed a little after it by
Code:
var ath = addToHomescreen({
    debug: false,
    skipFirstVisit: false,
    startDelay: 0,
    lifespan: 15,
    modal: false,
    icon: true,

displayPace: 1440,
    maxDisplayCount: 0
});

Resolved. I had to also set the "Display Pace (minutes)" ACP option to 0.

Question, for which I may have missed the answer, how does it stop showing for users once they have added it to their homescreen? Or does it display everyday regardless of whether they have added it or not?

Glad you got it sorted, it must have displayed once then for the pace setting to kick in.

There is no guaranteed way to check if its been added to the homescreen as there is no native event to hook into, it could be done using some soft of hash, query string or smart url token but those methods would only work if launched from the short-cut each time and not the mobiles browser.

Your best option is to use the settings to determine when its shown again and how long between each time.

I use these settings for members only:

skipFirstVisit:true,
startDelay:0,
lifespan:15,
displayPace:4320,
maxDisplayCount:2

So only show 2 times in total and wait 4320 minutes after the first time to show again.

SimonV updated Add to Mobile Home Screen with a new update entry:

Code Improvements & Parameter Inclusion Adhere to Permssions.

This update contains code improvements only. The JavaScript parameters have now been moved into a custom template and will adhere to the group permissions setting.

To Upgrade

You need to re-upload the files from the upload folder and then upgrade the addon with the new XML file.

Please do rate this addon if you are using it.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello,
Sadly I can't get this working.
I didn't even see the demo on your site using my iPhone.
So nothing in the demo and nothing on our site either. Which is a real shame as this is so important to have.
Great add-on, shame I can't get it going.

Hello,
Sadly I can't get this working.
I didn't even see the demo on your site using my iPhone.
So nothing in the demo and nothing on our site either. Which is a real shame as this is so important to have.
Great add-on, shame I can't get it going.

Its working fine on my site, I also enabled debug mod and tested in a browser and that is working fine also on my demo page.

Whats your site URL, if you still have the mod installed maybe I can check it over and see if there are any issues.

so this will pop up every time a member visits the site? it would be nice if there was a way to just have it as an option that people could click, on the nav bar or something, and then they could install it.

so this will pop up every time a member visits the site? it would be nice if there was a way to just have it as an option that people could click, on the nav bar or something, and then they could install it.

Not every time if you use the options and change the behaviour.

This add-on is pretty cool.

I was having the same issue @bloh had, no icon being shown. The Custom iOS App Title didn't seem to be working. However, when I view the forum on XF Default style, the icon appears AND the custom title works.

Any idea why these two features might not work on a slightly modified custom style?

Does it add a template include, and to what template? I'm assuming I must have a customized template that's preventing the icon from showing and the custom title.

I also cannot get this functionality to work for the Chrome App on iOS at all.

On iOS Safari when I add to home under my customized style, it uses a screenshot as the icon. I do have an facebook og image defined. When I add to home under the default Xenforo style, it uses the default Xenforo logo.

Top Bottom