XF 2.1 Add threa with Api and Umlauts

Robert9

Well-known member
I can add threads now by the api to a testforum.
The problem now are once again umlauts like "äüöß".

I tried:

$headers = array(
'Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded;',
+
'Accept-Charset:utf-8',

or +
'Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1';


also i tried

$title = utf8_encode($dummy['title']);
$message = utf8_encode($dummy['message']);


the result is

überall

instead of

überall

in thread title and post.
 
Last edited:

Lukas W.

Well-known member
That would most likely indicate a double encoding. Your ü gets converted to ü which again gets converted to ü but it's only resolved once, so you'll end up with ü as final version.
 

Robert9

Well-known member
No.
I tried different things and nothing helps.
I tried to manipulate the header.
I tried to encode, decode or entity the text.

It doesnt matter what i do, umlauts are translated into rubbish.

The only idea i have now, is to send a query after adding thread directly to mysql.
 
Last edited:
Top