1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add Template to Add-on

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by MichaelB, Aug 21, 2013.

1. MichaelB

MichaelB Member

I'm using an unsupported add-on and am trying to figure out how to display some information on a new page node from that add-on, for private usage. The page node is to display information in a certain format but when I created a new page and copied the coding from one of this add-on's template to the page's template as a test, it didn't display any of the specific information.

How would I go about doing this? I'm a bit stumped at the moment.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is the page's controller using the new template for display?

3. MichaelB

MichaelB Member

I copied the coding from one of the add-on's templates and put it into the page node's template. I added the add-on's ControllerPublic class and Method, or so I thought and I get the following error:

Code:
    Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in -blocked out path- on line 122
    Very confused.

4. Jeremy

You aren't in a class and are attempting to write code as if its in a class.

5. MichaelB

MichaelB Member

What would be the best method for me to pull the information to a page node template just as it is in the add-on's template?

6. JulianD

JulianD Well-Known Member

If you're writing a static class, you can't use $this. If you can show us an example of your code, maybe we can help you better.

7. MichaelB

MichaelB Member

I'm not writing a class. I'm just trying to display information that an add-on already does on one of its pages but on a page node. The add-on displays a list of everything with no filter options. I've already set it up to show only a certain thing but being as it is hard coded, it removes the rest. I don't want this so I'm looking to have a page node for each filter. The problem is having that information show up on a page node.

So the question is...how do I port the information to a page node in addition to copying the template code into the page node's template?

8. Jeremy

Page nodes don't use template syntax. You'll have to use a callback.