Duplicate Add Smush.it API to image uploads for compression

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It really makes sense to have some kind of image resizer. Forum members can't upload from their phones, without getting home to a desktop and doing a bunch of stuff. Really cuts down on the usefulness of a forum, especially our ski forum where members want to post image from the mountain.

Image from today:

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 5.21.08 PM.webp

Last edited:
there is an addon but some kind of integrated support would indeed be nice to have. there is a lot of ****posting by members and i become responsible for handling every image uploaded to the forum for the rest of the life of it. somewhere down the line, i would love to have the option to convert all uploads to webp (eventually avif) but for starters anything to optimize the image would be really useful.

It really makes sense to have some kind of image resizer. Forum members can't upload from their phones, without getting home to a desktop and doing a bunch of stuff. Really cuts down on the usefulness of a forum, especially our ski forum where members want to post image from the mountain.

there is an addon but some kind of integrated support would indeed be nice to have. there is a lot of ****posting by members and i become responsible for handling every image uploaded to the forum for the rest of the life of it. somewhere down the line, i would love to have the option to convert all uploads to webp (eventually avif) but for starters anything to optimize the image would be really useful.

Better off in the open suggestion thread, https://xenforo.com/community/threads/integrate-yahoo-smush-it-api-with-xenforo.22378/

Top Bottom