XF 1.5 Add "recent posts" to navigation bar

clubpromos

Hi,

How would you either:
1. Replace "New posts" by "Recent posts"
2. Or just add "Recent posts" to the navigation. After a year moving off of VB many of my users still don't find it convenient.

upload_2016-8-7_15-50-0.webp

Thank you very much, very useful small addon!

I commented out "New Posts" that were driving my users insane :), now I'd prefer to have it still but only where "Recent Posts" used to be placed. Basically inversing the original setup:
upload_2016-8-8_17-2-50.webp

Where / how would I find this? (I don't imagine there is an easy addon is there? :) )

I'm not aware of an add-on but it's a simple template edit similar to that one.

Look for {xen:link find-new/posts ... in the template and replace it with <a href="{xen:link find-new/posts, '', 'recent=1'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:phrase recent_posts}</a>

Thanks Brogan.

One more thing that my users noticed immediately is that Not all new posts show in recent posts. For this you need "?recent=1" if my understanding is correct, but the addon doesn't do that.

Based on your latest post and the fact that I commented out the original "new posts", I guess that would be correct? >>
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link find-new/posts, '', 'recent=1'}" rel="nofollow"> <xen:comment>{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts},</xen:comment> {xen:phrase recent_posts}</a></li>

I will try to find the where you pointed out the recent posts to replace with new posts. Thank you.

Top Bottom