1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Add "recent posts" to navigation bar

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by clubpromos, Aug 7, 2016.

1. clubpromos

clubpromos Active Member

Hi,

How would you either:
    1. Replace "New posts" by "Recent posts"
    2. Or just add "Recent posts" to the navigation. After a year moving off of VB many of my users still don't find it convenient.

upload_2016-8-7_15-50-0.png

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. clubpromos

clubpromos Active Member

Thank you very much, very useful small addon!

I commented out "New Posts" that were driving my users insane :), now I'd prefer to have it still but only where "Recent Posts" used to be placed. Basically inversing the original setup:
    upload_2016-8-8_17-2-50.png

Where / how would I find this? (I don't imagine there is an easy addon is there? :) )

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I'm not aware of an add-on but it's a simple template edit similar to that one.

Look for {xen:link find-new/posts ... in the template and replace it with <a href="{xen:link find-new/posts, '', 'recent=1'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:phrase recent_posts}</a>

clubpromos likes this.
  5. clubpromos

clubpromos Active Member

Thanks Brogan.

One more thing that my users noticed immediately is that Not all new posts show in recent posts. For this you need "?recent=1" if my understanding is correct, but the addon doesn't do that.

Based on your latest post and the fact that I commented out the original "new posts", I guess that would be correct? >>
    Code:
    <li><a href="{xen:link find-new/posts, '', 'recent=1'}" rel="nofollow"> <xen:comment>{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts},</xen:comment> {xen:phrase recent_posts}</a></li>
    I will try to find the where you pointed out the recent posts to replace with new posts. Thank you.