Add option to disable "Full Image" when inserting attachments

Gator

Presently I allow users to upload large attachment images to the site (without size limitations), however, I wish I could force them to use "Thumbnails" only when inserting into a post. It would be nice to "disable"/"toggle off" the "Full Image" option when users post. This would force them to use the "Lightbox" to view larger images.

For example, we have thread where users are posting high numbers of Memes, and it take a long time to scroll through the page. I know I can limit the number of attachments per post, but I think this would be a better option.

Upvote 18
Presently I allow users to upload large attachment images to the site (without size limitations), however, I wish I could force them to use "Thumbnails" only when inserting into a post. It would be nice to "disable"/"toggle off" the "Full Image" option when users post. This would force them to use the "Lightbox" to view larger images.

For example, we have thread where users are posting high numbers of Memes, and it take a long time to scroll through the page. I know I can limit the number of attachments per post, but I think this would be a better option.
Agreed. It's also crucial for users on mobile phones too for us and certainly does slow things down, especially if on mobile data 4G etc. This really would be beneficial. :)

would be very cool to see this option, combined with a secondary thumbnail size option we can embed....please oh how great, you wont need to get me anything for my birthday just please this one i do not want to custom in lol...

I'd love to see this option implemented. We too allow large images to be uploaded. We would love them to appear as thumbnails, regardless of whether someone hits the image links and uploads it or pastes directly into the message.

AndyB's addon btw just disables the button to insert a full image from the attachment bar... it isn't designed to prevent large images from showing. All one has to do is hit ctrl-v after copying an image from chrome for example and we are back to full size.

Related... A lot of PNGs get uploaded when copying from a browser (even if they start as a JPG) or from a phone. I have a suggestion about auto converting these 5MB PNGs back down to 100-700k. I feel it's the sibling of this suggestion....

Top Bottom