Lack of interest Add-on Store like WordPress

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Ah... in that case I think it could be useful. I do know that some quality control will need to be implemented and if it got added it would be for free addons only (probably) since payments in XFRM still aren't a thing. Maybe we'll be seeing something similar to this in the XenForo cloud edition as a way to install addons since the "normal" way of doing that isn't possible there (from what I understand)

This feature is the cause of many security problems on WordPress.
The main problem with wordpress imo is that nobody checks anything so everyone can upload anything and we have to rely on the rating system. I'd expect some amount of checking if this is gonna be added. I was looking at an IPS demo the other day and noticed they have a similar solution in their ACP (essentially the marketplace built into ACP) and it seems to be working for them. Maybe someone who used that can comment a bit. The other difference is this is paid software so in order to publish anything you do need to own a license.

Last edited:
This is a usage problem that you will find on all types of catalogs, even on much more professional solutions like CMP.

The basis of a catalog is to be a userfriendly entry point for presenting sources, internal sources that you have set up yourself, sources that come from a trusted publisher etc..

If the uses are bad, too bad for those who do anything.

In my previous answer, I talk about more important problems, like for example the fact that a trusted editor releases sources with critical security holes because they have been hacked.

Of course this issue already exists, but the impact is much smaller today than with an open catalog where everyone could subscribe and manage the life cycle of these addons.

And this is just one example, there are many others.

Top Bottom