XF 1.4 add-on question

Brad P

I have uninstalled an addon only to find it still showing in the permissions of the usergroup, any idea how i can fully remove the addon

Add-ons should cleanly remove themselves when they are uninstalled (assuming you uninstalled it correctly from the ACP and didn't just delete the add-on files). You will need to ask the add-on author about this issue.

The author has not responded, he also does not support it anymore, hence why i am asking here. Has anyone else come across an error like this?

Last edited:
There's a wide array of reasons why an author may not respond. Sometimes you just have to persist.

I have seen your post in the thread. I think "does not support it anymore" is a bit of a misleading statement, though. An update was released only a couple of months ago.

There isn't much anyone else can do, unfortunately, it's just a simple case of the add-on uninstaller not deleting the permissions.

There's a wide array of reasons why an author may not respond. Sometimes you just have to persist.

I have seen your post in the thread. I think "does not support it anymore" is a bit of a misleading statement, though. An update was released only a couple of months ago.

There isn't much anyone else can do, unfortunately, it's just a simple case of the add-on uninstaller not deleting the permissions.
he told me a few months back he was not going to support it anymore, reason there was an update was only to fix bugs, but instead it actually made it worse.

i will just wait and see if i get a response, it is that time of year people are away on holidays, apologies if it came across misleading

Top Bottom