Implemented Add microdata support for rating in RM

Andy.N

When you google for something in the RM, it should show the rating using microdata info. It has been implemented in several addons (Showcase, etc)

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/digital-goods-marketplace.44009/#post-473075

Image%202013.02.01%201:18:14%20AM.png

Upvote 29
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Thanks for liking the first post. Now that more people got their hands on RM, I'm confident this will get implemented soon.

This is a no-brainer. I thought this was going to make it into the RM because of it's intuitiveness.

I saw IPB do it with Thread ratings and the thread has a MAJOR advantage on Google searches as the stars rating gets your eye to go right there.

This is a no-brainer. I thought this was going to make it into the RM because of it's intuitiveness.

I saw IPB do it with Thread ratings and the thread has a MAJOR advantage on Google searches as the stars rating gets your eye to go right there.
The only way to make it happen is to like the first post. I see that my first post has been liked 25 times so far so it's a pretty good chance it will get noticed from Mike/Kier and get in next RM update.

View attachment 43415

It's #4 ... but it still stands out.
[Demo]

MAJOR ADVANTAGE.
It almost feels Blackhat. IMO.

Google should charge to include all the stars !!! (for it's obvious advertising benefits).

yeah, it's definitely a major advantage.

I am actually wondering why Google is showing these stars ?

Besides "stars", is there anything else which Google is showing which could make Threads/Resources to "stand out" at search-results ?

:cool:

it just came to my mind that it might be a great idea to also have "star ratings" for Forum-Threads (optionally in ACP).

So if a Forum-webmaster wants this, he could enable it and show "Star-Ratings" for each Thread.

This might also improve "visibility" of Forum-threads on Google search results.

I am not sure yet where the best place would be to put that in to make it look great, but here is a simple mockup:

star-ratings-search-results.gif

This will be hard without a rating feature:p

yeah, but there is lots of empty space in the thread-list to include such a "Rating Feature" for each thread.
Even still a lot of empty space on fixed-width-styles.....

After all, if a thread can have "Prefixes", why should a Thread not have "Stars" ? :eek::)

Having the "Likes"-feature as it is currently implemented is just fine and sufficient.
But our internal idea here at xenforo.com to "Like the first post of a thread if you want a certain feature to be implemented" lacks a bit of understanding and not many users here know about this.
The "Star Ratings" for a Thread could eliminate this internal idea for "Like the first post of a thread if you want a certain feature to be implemented".

I think it would be visually attracting to also show "Stars" for each thread. Users would click much more into threads if they see some "Stars" and they would submit their "Star Rating".
There is no need for implementing a "Rating Comment System" like we have at the RM, just implementing the stars. Just a subjective star-rating, no Comments-system.

Would be cool to be able to test this here and see if it works from a "user-psychology" perspective.

But the main advantage are in the Google-Search-Results.
That would be the Killer-feature for subjective SEO.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/subjective-seo-with-star-ratings-for-threads.49877/

So would you rather want to PAY Google to get found or would you rather want to have "Stars" shown at your threads and being CLICKED by users within Google-Search-Results because these yellow stars are shining so bright ?

:)

Top Bottom