Implemented Add "Ignore" to the user card

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
With the new ignore system in 1.1 I would like to have a small adjustment made so it's very easy to ignore someone. When in a thread my first reaction is to click on someones profile if they do something or say something that makes me want to follow them. This will also be the case if I want to ignore them. So right next to the other options like "Start a Conversation" or "Follow/Unfollow" should be "Ignore". Making it easier to ignore users on the fly.

Thanks!

Are you on about adding an additional tab? I've probably mistaken what you mean if not 1. click to get to users profile. 2. click again on tab to view block user. I still think this is far too much navigation to do a task that should be one click and forget without navigating area. Same with the ignore user via the membercard though i think this is more down to it cluttering the membercard.

I'd personally like to see a text link in the postbit, possibly right of the report text link or left of the like link. one click ignore without navigating anywhere as normally if a member is annoying or constantly writing stuff your not interest in the easy option is ignoring them on the spot. Not to mention easy accessibility is what xenforo is all about and navigating to other areas breaks the browsing flow imo. Make it easy as possible I think.

Are you on about adding an additional tab? I've probably mistaken what you mean if not 1. click to get to users profile. 2. click again on tab to view block user. I still think this is far too much navigation to do a task that should be one click and forget without navigating area. Same with the ignore user via the membercard though i think this is more down to it cluttering the membercard.

I'd personally like to see a text link in the postbit possibly right of the report text link or left of the like link. one click ignore without navigating anywhere as normally if a member is annoying or constantly writing stuff your not interest the easy option is ignoring them on the spot.Not to mention easy accessibility is what xenforo is all about and navigating to other areas breaks the browsing flow imo. Make it easy as possible I think.

I'm on about adding it to the user card.

Sorry about that Brogan.

I'm all for less clutter but I disagree. Having follow there but not ignore seems like a poor usability to me. It's just a natural reaction but that's just my opinion.
And the other side of the argument is that XenForo wishes to give a positive feeling, and ignore is a negative inside a member card full of positives (similar to why a Dislike link isn't added).

Note, this isn't my personal opinion I'm just showing the other side of the coin :D

And the other side of the argument is that XenForo wishes to give a positive feeling, and ignore is a negative inside a member card full of positives (similar to why a Dislike link isn't added).

Note, this isn't my personal opinion I'm just showing the other side of the coin :D

I was going to mention that. I think this is the case and to exapand upon that, and making it easy for people to ignore would see the ignore being used all too easily when alot of effort has went into interactivity, social areas of xenforo. Perhaps I'm wrong with that assumption so I'll post my screenshot of what I would like to see. Have the permalink shifted to the far right (never could understand why it was placed left of the public controls and have the ignore place to the far left.

ignore_postbit.webp

No I do not need to see an ignore link in every single post, thank you. It shouldn't be to difficult to custom code it though.

I was going to mention that. I think this is the case and to exapand upon that, and making it easy for people to ignore would see the ignore being used all too easily when alot of effort has went into interactivity, social areas of xenforo. Perhaps I'm wrong with that assumption so I'll post my screenshot of what I would like to see. Have the permalink shifted to the far right (never could understand why it was placed left of the public controls and have the ignore place to the far left.

I'd say no to that. Like and Reply are post-related functions: you like or reply to the post. Therefore, people would assume that the ignore relates to the post, meaning you'd ignore the post and not the user. It's just not logical IMO :p

I'd say no to that. Like and Reply are post-related functions: you like or reply to the post. Therefore, people would assume that the ignore relates to the post, meaning you'd ignore the post and not the user. It's just not logical IMO :p

Yeah, Your probably right. I personally would know, I'm sure the majority would do also but i suppose i can see that people whom are new might think it's a post ignore.

Yeah, Your probably right. I personally would know, I'm sure the majority would do also but i suppose i can see that people whom are new might think it's a post ignore.
If you created two icons representing following and ignoring, you could stick them somewhere in the postbit (overlaying the avatar or in the user info block) :D

If you created two icons representing following and ignoring, you could stick them somewhere in the postbit (overlaying the avatar or in the user info block) :D

Hmmm I think as an optional thing (via checkbox in the admincp) that it's added to the style properties would be nice as an optional thing.

ignore2.webp

I thought adding an ignore link would be easy (my first assumption would've been members/username.id/ignore?_xfToken=asdmlsdgjldskj54u35o345u359876dfsdkljdsklgjs) but it turns out it's a POST request to the /account/ignore page.

Turns out it's not that simple :( which is strange 'cause Follow is.

Top Bottom