Add Follow to a specific post

MediaFolSupport

We know that it is possible to follow discussions, but we find it much more useful if it were possible to follow a specific post, so that if someone quotes it we will also be notified.This would allow the user to receive a notification ONLY in a specific case and not every time someone replies in that thread.

Upvote 3
Don't need it.
There is a watch button up the top of each thread.
I know there's that button and I explained this in the first post. That's not what we're asking. The function we are asking for, would make the watch function doubly effective, strengthening the notification system for users who nowadays are increasingly oriented towards chats and not forums.
If we don't want to lose users from the forums (who migrate to group chats like Telegram, DIscord etc.) we need to strengthen the forums and make them smart.

Single response notifications are very, very useful.

I am not convinced that this would be generally useful.

Can you give an example usecase (preferably for content on xenforo.com) where this could be useful to me?

I am not convinced that this would be generally useful.
Can you give an example usecase (preferably for content on xenforo.com) where this could be useful to me?

Simple, this feature makes sense in an information discussion. Not in any discussion. In a computer forum it would be used A LOT. In a finance forum (like ours) it would be used A LOT.

When someone opens a discussion, hundreds if not thousands participate, in the chaos of responses one loses focus and interest in understanding the real problem. By following specific comments, you will be able to follow the tree of the progress of your real interest discussion-responses instead of following and receiving a notification every time for any response (sometimes even useless) from any X users.

This is mostly a support forum, so when someone opens a thread it's for themselves and it usually ends in a few posts and in a long time, because no replies arrive. End. (just an instant example below)

Immagine 2024-01-24 083247.webp

So, You cannot compare this Xenforo forum with others forum needs.
In our forum we have 2000 messages per single thread at least, the chaos is very much, so a specific "follow" function will be very very useful.
The same thing will be useful in a forum like Tom'sHW or HW Upgrade or similar.

Follow people so you can see their posts
users don't need to have feedback on all the comments sent by a user, regardless of the sections in which they send them, it's quite confusing.

the interest here is not to follow a user everywhere in the forum but to follow a particular "comment" and its branch.

Yeah, this is for all intents and purposes a new feature (probably difficult for Xenforo to implement, it's not a simple icon to add and go) but one that has really interesting and useful potential.
Being able to "specifically" follow certain comments and their branching gives users the opportunity to exploit the true potential of a community, which is generally very confusing because everyone replies in the same discussion and therefore there is often disorder.

I hope @XenForo can read and evaluate this implementation.

Top Bottom