Resource icon

Add extra fields to any content using separate table

guiltar

guiltar submitted a new resource:

Add extra fields to any content using separate table (version 1.0) - Extending DataWriter and Model to work with joined table.

I would like to share my experience of adding extra fields to any built-in content. Let's consider the wiki addon. Its articles and comments are extended posts in some pre defined node. So there is a following problem: we need to generate prepared version of post with added table of contents and autolinking since onfly processing of that would kill performance.

We need extra field message_prepared for that.
There are 2 ways to add it:
  1. Alter [FONT=courier...[/LIST]

1. Read more about this resource...

Hi Guiltar.
Would it be possible to get a screenshot from you? I'm not exactly sure what this mod is about.

Thank you

Gabby

Hi Guiltar.
Would it be possible to get a screenshot from you? I'm not exactly sure what this mod is about.

Thank you

Gabby
Hi Gabby!
This is actually not a mod, but dev tutorial how to add extra information to some part content in compact way. It deals only with php code and doesn't have any screenshots.

For example 10% of threads on your forum need param "price". So creating a new field ''price" will add this param to all 100% of your threads and mess the database. By this way you can add "price" to only needed 10% of your posts and keep others as they are without unneeded param.

Top Bottom