• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Add extra fields to any content using separate table

guiltar

guiltar submitted a new resource:

Add extra fields to any content using separate table (version 1.0) - Extending DataWriter and Model to work with joined table.

I would like to share my experience of adding extra fields to any built-in content. Let's consider the wiki addon. Its articles and comments are extended posts in some pre defined node. So there is a following problem: we need to generate prepared version of post with added table of contents and autolinking since onfly processing of that would kill performance.

We need extra field message_prepared for that.
There are 2 ways to add it:
  1. Alter [FONT=courier...[/LIST]

1. Read more about this resource...

Gabby

Hi Guiltar.
Would it be possible to get a screenshot from you? I'm not exactly sure what this mod is about.

Thank you

Gabby

guiltar

Hi Guiltar.
Would it be possible to get a screenshot from you? I'm not exactly sure what this mod is about.

Thank you

Gabby
Hi Gabby!
This is actually not a mod, but dev tutorial how to add extra information to some part content in compact way. It deals only with php code and doesn't have any screenshots.

For example 10% of threads on your forum need param "price". So creating a new field ''price" will add this param to all 100% of your threads and mess the database. By this way you can add "price" to only needed 10% of your posts and keep others as they are without unneeded param.