1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Add a warning prompt if navigating away from new/edit post page

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Optic, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Optic

Optic Well-Known Member

To help prevent information from being lost when creating/editing a long post, I would like to see a warning prompt appear if a user accidentally navigates away from the page (e.g. pressing backspace when text box is not in focus OR if they click any other link on your header/footer).

The warning prompt would of course not appear if you click the Create Thread/Preview/Submit buttons.

I understand some communities may find this annoying, so it could be an option that could be toggled in the Admin CP.

I found a jQuery plugin that could achieve this, would be nice if it was a core feature:
    codedance/jquery.AreYouSure ยท GitHub

Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 11.54.48 am.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 11.58.55 am.png

Demo of the above script:
    Demo: Are You Sure? - a dirty forms jQuery Plugin
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

The draft feature already accomplishes this, doesn't it?
  3. Optic

Optic Well-Known Member

Yes the current Drafts feature works quite well when you're writing a new post/thread, but according to @Mike, drafts aren't saved when you're editing a post.

I believe the warning prompt is "extra insurance" and could complement the existing drafts implementation.
    Amaury likes this.