Add a "Trophies Awarded/Achieved" tab in the user account section

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Upvote 9
Agh! I keep forgetting about the link on the member card.

Never noticed the one in the profile before though so thanks for that.

If, as has been requested, images are introduce for trophies, then a new tab might be a better option?

It should be possible to do a new tab with a template edit only, if you prefer that. :)

Until she reappears, here's a rough mockup using a basic trophy icon.

Ideally there would be either a different coloured trophy depending on the number of points awarded, and/or the points could be displayed on the trophy.

trophy_images.webp

It should be possible to do a new tab with a template edit only, if you prefer that. :)
I think having a separate tab could be a per site customization. I can click on peoples avatar and then the trophy points, and the list pops right up, personally I like that.

I think having a separate tab could be a per site customization. I can click on peoples avatar and then the trophy points, and the list pops right up, personally I like that.
I like it for the Member Card, yes, but for the profile I think I'll probably turn it into a tab. If images and custom trophies (meaning trophies given specifically to one person by the admin, not one available for everyone) I'd definitely want it to turn into a tab when you view the profile.

Current implementation here is fun, but I'm definitely liking the look of the tab.

Tab for trophies is awesome. A profile is intended to show information relating to a user, that includes their awards!

If the membercard is an overview of the profile, by technicality what appears on the membercard should be on the profile and trophies are something I can see deserving their own tab.

I would like a mantel somewhere in the profile and on the member card, I would like to be able to have different trophy icons for different achievements, and I would like the actual icons to be displayed in the profile/on the member card - not just the text. And, I would like to be able to award them manually.

I can tell you from personal experience that it means more to people if they 1) get to display them and 2) they're different. As in, not all just the same tired old image.

Really, what on earth is the point of having this lovely system if the end result is a quick message that you got a trophy? Imagine if this were real life and winning a gold medal only entitled you to wear a paper badge that said, "I won a gold medal." Would anyone be killing themselves to stick the landing for that?

Now I just need to get the instructions on how to add the tab and then the trophy images :)

I'm sure that the 'add a tab' instructions are around here somewhere. Brogan, did you ever get your images coded in? If so, how did they look and which icons did you use?

Top Bottom