XF 2.1 Add a sidebar to What's new

dtrumbower

I would like to add a sidbar for an ad too the right side of the What's New pages. Do I need to create a custom widget for this or is there an easier way?

Thanks

1576594863035.webp

AdminCP >> Apppearance >> Widgets

Create a new HTML widget for your ad.

Display in positions = What's new: Overview

That may work. However, you can get a number of additional locations for widgets including extra What's New locations with this addon:

That may work. However, you can get a number of additional locations for widgets including extra What's New locations with this addon:

I tried that, could seem to get it to work. Granted, I may of been doing it wrong. :)

Thanks

That add-on makes it so much easier. Thanks.

I just wish one could create a blank sidebar with no headings, so an Ad Manager could post ads, without having to add member info or other grouping of info.

I tried that, but it doesn't show any sidebar :( ---> What's new: Sidenav
However, the overview position is working ---> What's new: Overview

There is no sidebar in What's New, it's a sidenav (to the left)... you must adjust your display settings for What's New Navigation to be on the left instead of on top. One of those weird things, I also wish it was a right-side bar.

I need to check out that add-on.

Here is the setting:

What's new navigation style
Tabs
Side navigation
This controls how the navigation is displayed in the What's new section. Side navigation works better with more sections but requires more space.
Thank you for this!!!

I found it in: Appearance > Styles > StyleName - Style properties > Miscellaneous

I wish it was an option to simply add a side-bar and keep the tab navigation, but this was a really easy fix so we could place a few ads, etc. on a very active page.

Top Bottom