Add a random quote block to the sidebar

Add a random quote block to the sidebar 1.0

No permission to download

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Brogan submitted a new resource:

Add a random quote block to the sidebar (version 1.0) - Q: What do you get if you cross random, quote, block and sidebar? A: This.

This was requested in this thread and originally comes from a portal block done by Xarcell.
All I have done is explain for those without the portal how to add it to the sidebar.

Step 1: Unzip and upload the attached file to your /data directory so it shows as /data/RandomQuote

Step 2: Paste this in PAGE_CONTAINER just before </head>
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">...

Read more about this resource...

The css isn't being applied Peggy, possibly something to do with the Flexile theme.

It does look like that except I put it up above my shoutbox, and it's missing the header.

rq.webp

If you find out from Erik what changes need to be made to get it to work in Flexile, I'll update the first post.
I'm not familiar with that style at all, although maybe I need to install it so I can provide support...

If you find out from Erik what changes need to be made to get it to work in Flexile, I'll update the first post.
I'm not familiar with that style at all, although maybe I need to install it so I can provide support...

Hey Brogan, I added the updated code above to my default style and this is what it looks like -
rq2.webp

It doesn't have the header like the Staff Online Now block does. That's what I'm trying to get, the same look.

Hey peggy i have no issue here on my side everything is working properly i just installed it and looks fine here.

It doesn't have the header like the Staff Online Now block does. That's what I'm trying to get, the same look.
Did you update the random_quote template code with the alternative code in the first post?

Top Bottom