Add a 'Questions' tab to the RM

Alpha1

In time the discussion threads of addons will get massive with thousands of posts, making it next to impossible to find answers. The same questions will keep reappearing.

Consider Yahoo answers or stackechange where the purpose of threads is to ask questions and to get answers.
It would be very useful if the resource manager would have questions functionality, so that:

1. users can enter a question about a resource and others can answer it.
  2. before posting a question the system serves up possible answers.
  3. 1 question per question.
  4. best answer is chosen.
  5. the most popular questions are displayed.

This setup would prevent the insane setup of threads with thousands of replies to wade through to get an answer to your question about an addon. Many of us have tried to read and search such addon threads on vb.org

Upvote 24
I think to cut the Tab suugested short it would be nice to have the ability to create custom tabs so people are able to customize additional tabs to their needs. +1 on the suggestions but more so to be able to add custom tabs.

In time the discussion threads of addons will get massive with thousands of posts, making it next to impossible to find answers. The same questions will keep reappearing.

Consider Yahoo answers or stackechange where the purpose of threads is to ask questions and to get answers.
It would be very useful if the resource manager would have questions functionality, so that:

1. users can enter a question about a resource and others can answer it.
  2. before posting a question the system serves up possible answers.
  3. 1 question per question.
  4. best answer is chosen.
  5. the most popular questions are displayed.
This setup would prevent the insane setup of threads with thousands of replies to wade through to get an answer to your question about an addon. Many of us have tried to read and search such addon threads on vb.org

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/ask-a-question-w-redirect-to-login.43681/

Yes, a similar request. But for forums. This request relates to the RM as a resource will generally have many related questions & answers.

how much of this need is met with the FAQ tab ?
None of it. The FAQ tab is not relevant to this feature request. The FAQ tab is just a place where the resource owner can enter text. It does not offer any function for members to submit questions and does not offer any function forothers to reply to such questions.

Have to agree a questions section would be good. When purchasing something on Amazon I often look at the questions section for any queries I have (how many batteries? Etc).

This would improve the XF RM by a lot! So many people ask the same questions again and again, and this would make it so much easier to filter out all the unnecessary stuff when you are just looking for a specific answer to a question ("how can I do X").

Top Bottom