• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Add a New Thread Button to Threadview

yilmaz

Search in the template thread_view for:
HTML:
<xen:navigation>
    <xen:breadcrumb source="$nodeBreadCrumbs" />
</xen:navigation>
below it.
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$canReply}">
    <xen:topctrl><a href="{xen:link 'forums/create-thread', $forum}" class="callToAction"><span>{xen:phrase post_new_thread}</span></a></xen:topctrl>
</xen:if>

newThreadbutton.webp

shouldn't it be checking to see if you can start a new thread in the current forum instead of checking if you can reply to the thread? I only let new members reply to existing threads for awhile before stepping them up to being able to start their own.

i tried
Code:
<xen:if is="{$canPostThread}">
it doesn't work. it must not get set inside threads.

One minor thing....before there is a button "promote thread", with this mod the button is replaced with "post new thread" - can I not have promote, post AND reply buttons?

One minor thing....before there is a button "promote thread", with this mod the button is replaced with "post new thread" - can I not have promote, post AND reply buttons?
that's why i was trying to move the promote thread link.

that's why i was trying to move the promote thread link.

You cannot have 2, you gotta choose one.
Or you can use "Promote Thread" for the persons who are allowed to use it and "New Thread" for regular users.

I can help you with it, just ask.

Top Bottom