Lack of interest Add a bookmark chronology

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Nicolas FR

Hi all,

When you want to add a bookmark to your account you just click on the small and appropriate logo positioned at different locations in the forum.

As soon as you click on it, an information message tells you that the bookmark is registered while a window opens to eventually indicate a message or provide keywords.

If you don't want to enter any additional information you still need to click validate to close this window or then click Delete to remove the bookmark.

Wouldn't it be more consistent to display the "recorded information message" once you click the Validate button? and rename the Delete button as Cancel. As it stands I find that it brings some confusion when recording a bookmark.

Thanks and vote for my suggestion !

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The bookmark is saved as soon as you click it, therefore the delete text is correct.

The message and labels are optional.

I don't know if you've read my message carefully (I guess you're reading hundreds of messages a day, so i forgive you :) ).

I find the timeline of creating a bookmark incoherent. And in case the bookmark is only saved once you click on Validate (which I suggest) then it would be more consistent to rename the button Delete by Cancel...

When you click on the bookmark sign a information message say "Bookmark saved successfully" then you have to click on Save button in the pop-up and a the same message appears again "Bookmark saved successfully"

It would be easier and understandable this message appears once and this when you click the SAVE button, since anyway we are forced to click on one of the two buttons to close the pop-up.

I don't know if you've read my message carefully (I guess you're reading hundreds of messages a day, so i forgive you :) ).
I understood it fine - no forgiveness necessary or required.

If you don't want to enter any additional information you still need to click validate to close this window
There is no "validate" link or button.

Just click anywhere on the page or navigate away.

Just click anywhere on the page or navigate away.
that's true, i didn't tought about that... So my suggestion is no longer as relevant but I remain convinced that a little more logic in the process would be welcome. Let's see if I'm the only one who thinks this! (I feel like I wouldn't have the expected success!).

Thank you for being interested Brogan

No votes ?

Let me preach for my parish...
We need to put ourselves in the shoes of an average users and not think like XenForo forum administrators or worse... XenForo's developers ! 😱

Let me describe the reaction of an average user who would use the bookmark system:
  • I click on the bookmark and... Here's a message that my bookmark has been recorded.
  • It's weird I always see in front of me a window that offers to add optional information and there are two buttons: one to save and one to delete. Has my bookmark been recorded ? Why this Save button ?
  • Well, in doubt I click on SAVE button... Oh, that's it! The message from earlier reappears: "bookmark well recorded".
  • Strange this way of recording bookmarks, we do not know how it works...
Here are the guys, you have to put yourself in the place of the users and it must be said that all this is not very intuitive as a recording process.
You have to think like Steve Jobs, intuitiveness !! And we'll all end up as billionaires !

So, message to developers XenForo: validate my suggestion and you will be multimillionaires (at least...)
Thanks !

;)

Top Bottom