Adara - PixelExit.com [Deleted]

Hm..I thought I had fixed that as I noticed when resolving other issues. Pretty sure I adjusted the width of the tiny icon property to fix it. @Russ and I are both out of town for the holiday weekend but will get a fix or update out on Tuesday.

Thanks

I fixed it on my latest version, so I remember the fix somewhat I think :D.

Style Properties -> Forum / Node List -> Tiny Icon, reduce width to like 13px.

(We're using CSS pseudo-classes to avoid template edits all around the style)

I fixed it on my latest version, so I remember the fix somewhat I think :D.

Style Properties -> Forum / Node List -> Tiny Icon, reduce width to like 13px.

(We're using CSS pseudo-classes to avoid template edits all around the style)
That's the one. My style property was outdated, and the width was 16px. I've reset the SP, and it's reduced to 14px now.

That's the one. My style property was outdated, and the width was 16px. I've reset the SP, and it's reduced to 14px now.
Actually, 14px still shows a slight edge on the RSS text in Firefox. Setting the width to 13px fixes it.

upload_2014-5-26_19-16-17.webp

Being wrapped onto a new line, as the menu is 150px wide.

Code:
.navigationSideBar {
width: 150px;
display: table-cell;
vertical-align: top;
}

160px looks OK, but the 150px is hard coded into navigation_sidebar.css

Russ updated Adara - pixelExit.com with a new update entry:

1.3.4 Update

This update brings it up-to-date with XenBase 1.3.4. A list of changes and fixes can be found here.

Specific to Adara:
  • Updated to XenBase 1.3.4
  • Fixed a few minor color issues
  • Fixed RSS icon
  • Fixed quicksearch icon
  • Reduced sub-heading text slightly

Before upgrading please make a backup of your current XenBase and style. To upgrade simply import XenBase overwriting...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Very nice update @Russ (y)

Thanks I also applied a fix for that whacky bug with the sliding sidebar. I couldn't get it to replicate after the fix but... Its probably still there :D. If you find it just link me to the page so that I can take a look again.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but since the update, the moderator bar is jumping about on page refreshes
upload_2014-7-18_21-44-46.webp
to
upload_2014-7-18_21-44-30.webp

@MattW
Actually just toyed around with this and get it on the default style too. If you increase the logo height to extend the page further and with like 8+followers FireFox will auto-focus the form field and scroll down a bit.

Looking at the other issue now.

@Russ I'm looking to use this theme on my other site as well, so I've been playing about with it to see if I can make it look how I want.

Setting the node layout to 2

upload_2014-7-22_13-17-23.webp

Forum home looks ace

upload_2014-7-22_13-18-42.webp

However, forums with multiple sub-forums have a LOT of wasted space, and take up a lot of vertical space on the page

upload_2014-7-22_13-16-24.webp

Can you make it apply the same node layout to sub forums?

Also, what would it take (cost) to have text logo an option like you have in Flat Awsome?

@Russ I'm looking to use this theme on my other site as well, so I've been playing about with it to see if I can make it look how I want.

Setting the node layout to 2

View attachment 78412

Forum home looks ace

View attachment 78413

However, forums with multiple sub-forums have a LOT of wasted space, and take up a lot of vertical space on the page

View attachment 78411

Can you make it apply the same node layout to sub forums?

Ya we'll look into adjusting the child nodes, they're picky :D.

Regarding the text based option it's something we've thought about putting into XenBase as it's super easy to do and really convenient . I have a tutorial I'm whipping up today(meant to do it yesterday!) I can do the text as logo at the same time as a fix until we get it into the framework.

Last edited:
Excellent. Also, for some reason, sticky sidebar isn't working, even though it's enabled. It's working in the RM, but not on the forum home.

Any idea where to start trying to figure that one out?

Excellent. Also, for some reason, sticky sidebar isn't working, even though it's enabled. It's working in the RM, but not on the forum home.

Any idea where to start trying to figure that one out?

Well kind of weird Matt, went to your site wasn't scrolling for me either, opened firebug(position bottom of the window) then it scrolled. Closed it still scrolled, refreshed and it worked on a new page load with no firebug open.

Tried a hard refresh too and that works too.

Did you make a change in the past couple minutes by chance? haha working for me on my localhost and dev site.

Well kind of weird Matt, went to your site wasn't scrolling for me either, opened firebug(position bottom of the window) then it scrolled. Closed it still scrolled, refreshed and it worked on a new page load with no firebug open.

Tried a hard refresh too and that works too.

Did you make a change in the past couple minutes by chance? haha working for me on my localhost and dev site.
No, haven't done anything. It's working fine on mattwservices, I'm trying to get it working on z22se.co.uk as that is the site I want to also run the theme on.

It's looking like the stickyMojo.js file isn't being loaded on the forum homepage, but it being loaded elsewhere. I'm temp enabled the adara theme so guests can select it if you want to take a look?

No, haven't done anything. It's working fine on mattwservices, I'm trying to get it working on z22se.co.uk as that is the site I want to also run the theme on.

It's looking like the stickyMojo.js file isn't being loaded on the forum homepage, but it being loaded elsewhere. I'm temp enabled the adara theme so guests can select it if you want to take a look?

It's working but unfortunately the stickysidebar was really meant to be compatible with short sidebars. If the sidebar length exceeds the window the sidebar is set not to scroll at all.

If you delete a few of the blocks in firebug the scrolling still works.

It's working but unfortunately the stickysidebar was really meant to be compatible with short sidebars. If the sidebar length exceeds the window the sidebar is set not to scroll at all.

If you delete a few of the blocks in firebug the scrolling still works.
Ah, that makes sense then (y) Second licence coming shortly.

Top Bottom