• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Add-on Ad Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im currently using this it works great Trekkan Dont worry about it not being Compatible with 1.1 :) If you want to see how im using it my website it theocraft.org, I recommend you register and go to Preferences and click Beta you will see 2 more things i use it for :) That aren't just ads :P

All my add-ons have a heap of work to do but I have to get my website setup to properly be able to sell them first. Once that is done I have to start updating my add-ons fast like I previously was and also have to move all of ragteks add-ons over to my site... so there is a lot of work for me to do. This add-on will be one of my main ones and be updated for years to come.

Thanks for the information. When the mod goes into full release, I'll check it then and if I haven't found another solution by that time, I'll purchase.

Trekkan i've tested Tons of free ones and Theres nothing better out there :) And like i said and i saw you visited my site, it works for everything had it plaing youtube videos, even got it setup for a Birthday Song on users Birthdays :P, im working on getting it to have a Popup (once we have the ability to restrict to just the Index page) that automatically opens and plays music through out the entire site :P

Hey Robbo can you make it so that an ad only shows one time per page? A good example would be say... putting an ad in the ad_message_below template. If you put an ad or banner there, it will show underneath every post. There should be an option to limit it to at least one post.

There will be enhancements like this coming. Right now is basically a "it works" system until I get time to replace it with my own criteria system that I can easily enhance.

I just want everyone to know that this guy's ad-manager is THE number one modification on this board when it comes to making money. If you combine his modification with Digital Point Ads then that's all you need as far as ad management goes. This add-on is totally worth the money.

Thats kind of weak. Then I have to store the banner on my server somewhere and call them up. Why would there not be an option to center them?

So what happens if you have a bunch of banners and specify the same location for all of them? Will it rotate them or do you end up with a zillion banners?

I guess I answered my own question. I wish we hadnt bought this now because it wont do what we need to do. I have 30 vendors that want to be at the top. I cant have 30 ads. Is there anything else that will rotate ads in Xenforo? My vendors are already getting upset and we've only been switched over for a few days.

It is completely random when it selects ads to show. This is beta 1. Everything you want it to do will happen in later versions. Also, you can center them using the styling options.

It is completely random when it selects ads to show. This is beta 1. Everything you want it to do will happen in later versions. Also, you can center them using the styling options.
Can you give an example?

I must be missing something then and random is fine. I set up banners, I put them in the same spot and I end up with stacks of banners. Is that not whats supposed to happen?

It should only show one at a time for each position and choose it randomly. The whole positioning stuff is lacking and will be enhanced in the next major release when I get to it. Maybe a screenshot of what is happening would help?

If you want I have enabled live support on my website so you can talk in real time there now.

Okay.. it might be a bit as Im on a support call and I have to run over to a doctors appointment shortly but Ill get with you ASAP.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom