XF 1.1 action_available_via_post_only - Question

yavuz

Can anyone elaborate what this warning means: "This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again."

Thanks.

Blimey...

I would guess that her Symbian browser isn't compatible. She could try Opera Mini which I believe is free on Symbian but there's no guarantees that will work either.

The technical reason is rather than using the "POST" method of submitting the data that has been inputted, it seems to be trying to follow the URL specified in the form action below instead of submitting data to it.

HTML:
<form action="threads/action_available_via_post_only-question.32551/add-reply" method="post" class="AutoValidator" data-optinout="OptIn" id="QuickReply">

<div class="submitUnit">
<input type="submit" class="button primary" value="Post Reply" accesskey="s">

</form>

She'll be seeing something like this:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/action_available_via_post_only-question.32551/add-reply

Unfortunately this seems like a browser issue. Unfortunately in browser terms, Symbian is probably functioning at a lower ability than IE6...

I can't think of anything.

As it's specific to her on that OS and browser we're limited in what we can do. How old is this phone that she's using? Do Nokia even make Symbian phones anymore?

Hmm, that's relatively recent phone isn't it?

Maybe you should ask her to sign up here and post (using her phone). This forum is 100% default so if it's still broken then we know it's not specific to your site.

The smartphone development is dizzying. It's outdated compared with the new touch-screen smartpohones. I'll ask her to post here, see how it goes. :)

Top Bottom