1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Action List

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Amaury, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

By default, the Go to Content button sits on a background with a bottom border. I hid it by removing the background and border from the Section Footer style property because I didn't think it looked too pretty having it under another background, as seen below:

upload_2015-2-4_10-28-42.png

However, that meant that I then had to go through and use custom CSS to add a background and border to the section footer where I did I want it, such as .discussionList .sectionFooter, which was quite a bit.

I think it would be simpler to only hide the background and border on the action list with CSS and use the style property for everything else. However, the reason I did what I did was because I didn't think what I was using was specific enough and I wasn't sure if it got anything else.

I used:

Code:
    .actionList {
    background: none;
    border: none;
    }
    Which worked, but I wanted to be more specific, so I tried:

Code:
    .sectionFooter .actionList {
    }

.actionList .sectionFooter {
    }
    But neither of those worked, not even with !important, so is just .actionList already specific enough?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Anyone? :)

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Use more specificity to target that page only - you can use the template name for example, which is report_view.

Amaury likes this.
  4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Code:
    .report_view .actionList {
        border-bottom: none;
    }
    That worked perfectly. Thank you, Paul. :)