Not a bug  ACP Template not matching currently used template -versioning issue?

tenants

I have a bizarre issue that took me a while to work out what's going on
(I'm still not completely sure)

For some templates, it seems that currently used /seen templates are not the ones that you edit in the ACP

I can update the template in the ACP and it does not affect the front end

An example, I was updating "EWRatendo_EventsCreate" ... but this had no change on the front end

When I looked at the database, there seems to be two rows for this template (and others)
One with a style_id of 0, the other with a style_id of 1

It seem the one with a style_id of 1 is the one thats seen by users from the front end, the one with the style_id of 0 is the one that's seen in the admin control panel

Am I being completely thick, is there some style option somewhere or is this a defect with versioning.

... note, at first there was no issue, I was happily updating the EWRatendo_EventsCreate template using the acp, but after about a week, I've re-looked at the template, and in the ACP it looks like it reverted (and no changes are seen on the front end)

Attachments

• versioning.webp
    versioning.webp
    99.1 KB · Views: 8
Is there a server side cache that I can clear out? (the broswer cache has been cleared)

The ACP template seems to be being pulled from the column "template" (User-editable HTML and template syntaxs) Where stlye_id = 0

I've no idea where the front end template is being pulled from yet (my guess would be that is was the blob "template_parsed", but I pushed an extra div in and it wasnt displayed).

The front end and back and are not matching... this must be a sever side cache, but where exactly?

I seem to recall reading something about cached templates for one of Jaxel's mods.

You may be better off asking in the add-on thread.

Okay ... this was user error
(I don't even want to admit to this)

I was looking at master template in the acp and couldn't figure out why they weren't getting applied. I should have been looking at the default templates, since this is where the changes were I made before...
Very embarrassing.

Not a Bug

Top Bottom