• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.4 Account Upgrades

I have a handful of "Premium" members that I manually assigned the to the Premium group when when they made a paypal donation (one time or recurring). Now I rolled out the self serve "Account Upgrades" function that allows the users to be promoted to the Premium group. How do I migrate/roll over the users that I manually assigned to the automated Account Upgrades? What's the best way to do this?

On related note. Is there a way for me to test the Account Upgrades options with Paypal? If so, what's the best way to do this?

Thank you.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
You can manually apply user upgrades - click on the dropdown arrow to the right of the upgrade and select 'Manually Upgrade User'.

I believe there is an option in PayPal to put it in sandbox mode.

If I manually promote the user. How do I handle their Paypal payments that they used through the Donation button?

I just got the first Account Upgrade and XF didn't assign the user to the Premium group. Is this supposed to happen immediately? What did I miss? What do I need to do? I see the payment his payment in Paypal.

If I manually promote the user. How do I handle their Paypal payments that they used through the Donation button?
I guess for the one time payments (non-recurring), I can just manually set the "Upgrade Ends" date. But how do I address the re-curring payments that were setup as a donation?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
If the payments (including recurrence) haven't been done through the user upgrade system itself, you'll need to do manual actions to maintain any upgrades. If someone has a recurring payment and you want to be "correct", you'd need to change the upgrade end date each time a payment comes in.

Thanks @Mike. I don't want to manually manage every re-curring monthly payment. I could ask each person to cancel their recurring paypal donation, then downgrade their account and then they can do the Account Upgrade through the user profile page. Would that work?