Account Upgrade

Sheldon

Ok, I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I have created an "Account Upgrade". It will take them from say a Registered Member, to a "Fantatic". I am almost certain I have all permissions added correctly. Actually, I think I have tried every combination.

My issue, I can see everything else on my site once this "Fanatic" usergroup is added as additional, except for the fact I have no access to the forums. I can see events, home page, media, everything else. Just not the forums.

Any help?

It sounds like a permissions issue.

Check the user groups the upgraded user is a member of and ensure no permissions are not set to Never.

Yes, I did that. I had researched the common issues with it. It is the default "Registered" usergroup with the base xenForo. The "Fanatic" usergroup was to allow just a few extra things, mainly bypassing certain moderations.

Ok.... I had everything correct on my side. It is an issue with the [Dragonbyte] xf Shout [AJAX]. I had it checked to where both "Registered" and the newly created "Fanatic" group could view. I assume it is an issue if you are in two groups and both have the same permissions with this add-on. I disabled all permissions for the new group, and the account upgrade is now working as it should.

woVMk3.png

I think it recognizes the main usergroup first. If you have additional, you will have to completely uncheck them.

Thanks for the help Brogan. The permissions got me thinking of everything that could have been a conflict. I just kept looking on the xen side, not any other add-on that may have caused it. My first time working with this upgrade system.

My next suggestion was going to be an add-on, although this is the first time I've heard of this particular problem.
Even then, it shouldn't have affected the whole forums, just the chat page/module.

It would be worth posting in the add-on thread to let the author know, as permissions shouldn't work like that.

My next suggestion was going to be an add-on, although this is the first time I've heard of this particular problem.

It would be worth posting in the add-on thread to let the author know, as permissions shouldn't work like that.

I'll copy/paste this info over there. I agree, it shouldn't have any issue. Regardless of how many usergroups you are attached to. I'm not sure how much it will be noticed by the developer there. That is what bothers me. At least members here can use the information.

Top Bottom