XF 1.5 Account Approval user count

eagle eyes

1589634697613.png

Which setting controls this users awaiting approval count?

I have set the user to be admin Administrotors > Admin and setting "Manage users and moderators" is enabled

The only way to manage for that user is to go to admin.php control panel. This doesn't show up. However the same user is a moderator and can see the reports to be handled.

1589634888413.webp

They must have the approve/reject users permission under general moderator permissions. The admin user group will not have the ability to do this. they must also be moderator. Since approving/rejecting users is a front end operation thats why they need to be set as moderator as well. Admins are mainly for backend operation.

They must have the approve/reject users permission under general moderator permissions. The admin user group will not have the ability to do this. they must also be moderator. Since approving/rejecting users is a front end operation thats why they need to be set as moderator as well. Admins are mainly for backend operation.
There is no such approve reject permission for a moderator in 1.5??

So what exactly are you concerned about here? We used to run 1.5 so can't check exactly what you are talking about. Can the moderator and admin see the reports on the front side of the forum? All I can remember is that admins must be physically made moderators in order to view the reports sections. Are they listed here as moderator?

/admin.php?moderators/

So what exactly are you concerned about here? We used to run 1.5 so can't check exactly what you are talking about. Can the moderator and admin see the reports on the front side of the forum? All I can remember is that admins must be physically made moderators in order to view the reports sections. Are they listed here as moderator?

/admin.php?moderators/
Yes. This user can see reports, report count, and can access admin.php to approve account. But if you see my screenshot, he is not able to see the user awaiting approval count.

AFAIK you have things set correctly in XF 1.5.

However, I notice from the screenshots that you appear to be using a custom style. Have you tried testing in an unedited default style (which as an admin you could easily switch to anyway without affecting the appearance of the site for other users)? If that still doesn't work, have you tested with all add-ons disabled?

AFAIK you have things set correctly in XF 1.5.

However, I notice from the screenshots that you appear to be using a custom style. Have you tried testing in an unedited default style (which as an admin you could easily switch to anyway without affecting the appearance of the site for other users)? If that still doesn't work, have you tested with all add-ons disabled?
Yes it doesnt work in default, have disabled all plugins. I did mention that it works for super admin, so i am trying to figure out which setting it is.

As I said, AFAIK you have everything set correctly. When I was running XenForo 1.5 I had the approval queue link on my site (and for security my account was only set as an Admin, not a Super Admin).

This old thread discussed user approval https://xenforo.com/community/threads/permission-to-approve-users-is-it-only-for-super-admins.81763/

There's no mention there at all about any separate factors for controlling the counter. So there must be some other factor in play if you aren't seeing the queue counter for one Admin account but are for the Super Admin account. I'm assuming that the user waiting approval was added to the queue after the Admin (who can't see the counter) was given the manage users permission?

As I said, AFAIK you have everything set correctly. When I was running XenForo 1.5 I had the approval queue link on my site (and for security my account was only set as an Admin, not a Super Admin).

This old thread discussed user approval https://xenforo.com/community/threads/permission-to-approve-users-is-it-only-for-super-admins.81763/

There's no mention there at all about any separate factors for controlling the counter. So there must be some other factor in play if you aren't seeing the queue counter for one Admin account but are for the Super Admin account. I'm assuming that the user waiting approval was added to the queue after the Admin (who can't see the counter) was given the manage users permission?
I went over that thread. So yeah, i am kind of weird out that i am not able to see user approval queue count.

Yes, to the last question.

Top Bottom