I suddenly found that my first category along with the 9 forums in that category all went missing. I looked in the ACP and the category and forums were not listed in the Node Tree.
I opened the db and also the tables of Forums and Nodes were also missing the category and forums.
I checked the threads and posts tables and the threads and posts that were in those forums were still in the db so my assumption was that somehow the Category got deleted thus also deleting the 9 forums that were contained in that category.
The following is what I have done to fix it but I need assistance from others by way of confirming that I have done all I can:
- Immediately closed the site and turned off ALL the crons
- Opened the daily backup that I did last night and exported the "Forums" and "Nodes" tables
- Opened the live site db and truncated the "Forums" and "Nodes" tables
- Imported the "Forums" and "Nodes" exports that I did from the backup into the live db
- Went to the ACP, opened and saved a Usergroup Permissions (just to ensure permissions were reset)
- Rebuilt all the caches
- Checked the site all "seems" ok
- Turned all the crons back on