About Enhanced Search .

Faust

Hi. I would like to know more about Enhanced Search?

Is this an addon, if yes how it’s work and how this will help my forum ?
thanks.

XenForo Enhanced Search is designed to give significantly better search performance and additional search options to your users. It is built to take advantage of elasticsearch, which is built on top of Lucene. This gives excellent performance, even with millions of pieces of content. Elasticsearch allows nearly infinite scalability and redundancy by silently allowing searches to be run across multiple servers. Additionally, you benefit from a very small stopword list and no minimum word length, allowing nearly any search to return meaningful results. Elasticsearch also provides support for returning results based on how relevant they are to your search. You can select relevancy ordering on the advanced search page.

So after installing Enhanced Search addon, do I need to install anything else?
We don't know that - it's your server.

If you already have acccess to an elasticsearch instance chances that you don't need to do much except configure XFES to use it are pretty high.
If you don't have access to an elasticsearch instance you will have to get one, only you can answer the question if that does require installing additional software.

We don't know that - it's your server.

If you already have acccess to an elasticsearch instance chances that you don't need to do much except configure XFES to use it are pretty high.
If you don't have access to an elasticsearch instance you will have to get one, only you can answer the question if that does require installing additional software.

I will need to check this with my web hosting to see if my server has elasticsearch and I can install the addon ? As I’m a bit confused.

We're with Pair Networks in Pittsburgh, and are now planning to migrate to a new dedicated server in order to use ElastiSearch and Enhanced Search. Our users have been frustrated from trying to find things in our database and I am hopeful that this will really help clear things out. I'll post again once we migrate, install and configure.

//sse

Top Bottom