1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abort pending field validation... when replying to thread

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by bottiger, Feb 11, 2013.

1. bottiger

bottiger Active Member

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Does the post get saved or not? Is the error immediate or does it lag?

I'm not sure how to read this error. I suggest disabling your addons temporarily to see if that fixes the problem.

3. bottiger

bottiger Active Member

The error happens shortly after you click post reply.

The post doesn't get saved.

If you want a first-hand account, you can try posting there on Chrome.

4. Jake Bunce

Did you disable addons?

Any errors in the log (that are connected to this problem)?

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

5. bottiger

bottiger Active Member

I didn't disable addons. I haven't installed any recently and this seems to be a recent problem with chrome.

There's nothing in the error log.

6. Jake Bunce

For troubleshooting purposes you need to disable addons to see if that fixes the problem. It's only temporary.

7. elijah

elijah Member

Sorry for the necro. We just ran into this exact problem and this topic led me to realizing what the problem was, so I wanted to post the solution for anyone else who searches for this.

The issue is that I'm going to guess you have AdBlock or AdBlock Plus enabled, and the commonality between all problem forums and threads you can't interact with is that they have "advert" in their name or topic title. If you disable your adblocker, it will allow you to interact with that thread again.

This is why some people with Chrome can inexplicably reply to those topics - they don't have an adblocker.

OakyTree and Jake Bunce like this.