XF 1.4 Abnormal behaviour if Quick Reply is in content loaded via overlay

Warchamp7

I was trying to work with just templates to make it possible to view conversations without leaving the page you're on.

That functionality was simple enough and actually worked really well, but sadly does not behave as expected if you're viewing another thread or conversation

On those pages, submitting a post via the Quick Reply within the xenOverlay would send the reply successfully, but it doesn't properly clear the text from the overlay Quick Reply, nor update the conversation with your new post. Anything involving the overlay Quick Reply instead propgates to the thread/conversation under the overlay (As well, the new reply being sent is displayed as being added to the conversation or thread you were viewing behind the overlay, even though it in actuality was not)

In the meantime I've simply hidden Quick Reply with .nonOverlayOnly, but I don't suppose there's a fix for this besides rolling this functionality into a proper add on? :p

The code is written in such a way that there can only be one quick reply on the page. Even loading a conversation in an overlay may be problematic because there are some elements with IDs involved (#QuickReply, #messageList).

The code is written in such a way that there can only be one quick reply on the page. Even loading a conversation in an overlay may be problematic because there are some elements with IDs involved (#QuickReply, #messageList).

Yeah, I assumed the page was written in a way that XenForo expects and assumes only one quick reply and message list in the DOM. Is there a built in or elegant way to attach a Javascript callback(s) to calling/closing xenOverlay?

Top Bottom