Ability to upload image attachments in signatures

With browsers & google getting so hot on security we've gone done the ssl/https route but it's third party hosted images & signature images that are now flagging up warnings on otherwise secure pages. There's add-ons to deal with hosted images but an uploaded to keep signature images inhouse & options re size allowable would be a great feature to see in the core. This is a paying subscriber option for us which I'm possibly going to have to downgrade/disable to stop the timid being frightened away by over-zealous security warnings.

This is a suggestion thread, if you support the idea, you need to like the first post of the thread to show interest in the suggestion. That is how the XF developers gauge interest in suggestions.
Thanks a lot, I just saw that that is the first point of the guide in this thread. My fault.

What in the world even is the logic in providing so many admin options to control images, text, lines and pretty much everything about signature limits - and yet not providing any way to actually have control over signature image dimensions and file-size by making them uploadable?

Is there a problem with allowing users to upload their signature images to the gallery section and then having them hotlink to those images?
Not having the gallery add-on might make that a problem.

My free addon allowed signature pictures,

Top Bottom