Add-on Ability to protect forums but offer Google's "First Click Free"?

Reminds of this, except it's for adsense:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/letting-google-adsense-index-your-private-boards.22902/

"First click free" is an interesting idea. But it would have to be implemented in XenForo. You can post a suggestion and request an addon in the meantime.

Can we move this thread to the add-on request forum? I think this would be a great idea to implement. It lets you keep site content private for members only but get all the benefits of Google SEO and extra traffic juice.

I've been looking for this thread. I would be interested in this too.

I guess this would be similar to limiting guest to viewing the first X threads before being asked to log-in. The difference here is that it would use Google's first click free instead and have better IP blocking of content and allow for google's SEO of full threads so a BIG traffic boost there! The concept is the same but the delivery is so much more powerful going the Google route. Let's hope a developer sees how powerful this would be!

It would be pretty pointless wouldnt it not ? If you allow your site to be cached then all someone would have to do is look at the page cache to look at your content rendering there be no need to sign up and pay on your forum.

It would be pretty pointless wouldnt it not ? If you allow your site to be cached then all someone would have to do is look at the page cache to look at your content rendering there be no need to sign up and pay on your forum.

Google first click free takes care of this issue and tracks by IP so the person can't just read all the page caches.

I am surprised that no one else is interested in this. The SEO benefits are AMAZING for a private members only forum!

Top Bottom