Lack of interest Ability to move reply and to post under first thread

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

RAHSTYLES

It would be awesome if I can move a certain reply up and down or underneath first thread. Also if I can have a option in node that says "check here to allow yours post under first thread reply. And there would also be a check box that says: reply under first thread" and maybe another option in node that allows only the auther to do that.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I really have no idea what you are suggesting. :)

move a certain reply up and down or underneath first thread.
Replies are posts. How can you have a reply underneath a thread? A post is within a thread, it's not listed alongside threads. As for moving posts up and down, they are listed in date order. A thread wouldn't make sense if the posts weren't in chronological order.

option in node that says "check here to allow yours post under first thread reply
No idea what this means.

And there would also be a check box that says: reply under first thread" and maybe another option in node that allows only the auther to do that.
Nope, no idea here either.

I'd really like to understand what you are suggesting and I'm sure the devs would too. Maybe you could try and explain it more clearly with a bit more detail. :)

I think he may mean something like best answer.
But that's just a guess.

However, it wouldn't be typical to allow the poster to decide that.
Normally it's done via voting.

For example... I have a topic called lipstick gallery. In there members post pictures of themselves but I dont allow members to edit. Besides even if they edit the post wont bump up so people wouldnt know if they added somthing in there new . In there people post pics of themselves. Now if they want to add more pics after all the replies if they add more pics who knows people will habe to scroll to page 2 or 3 or 4 and everytime they add pics they have to look at every single page to view them all. Now u can easily edit the first post and add pics in there as you go... but how would sombody know a new pic was in there? Just with a edit? So if you reply with a new pic and click bump under first post... then the topic will get bumped and also the pics will be in the first then the second post will have the new pics

Thats alot to ask for members to do. Wish it was easier like the suggestion I had.
It's not really hard, most members with half a brain could manage that.

For the example you cited, I'd recommend a gallery add-on as the solution. I can highly recommend Xen Media Gallery.

It's not really hard, most members with half a brain could manage that.

For the example you cited, I'd recommend a gallery add-on as the solution. I can highly recommend Xen Media Gallery.
Thanks but I already have xenmedia..

I know its not that hard and its easy but it might be a little difficult for people who never used a forum. Besides I was just asking because it would make things simpler and more options is better I think

might be a little difficult for people who never used a forum
Educate them. Post a guide on your site explaining how to do this.I have a Have You Seen section on mine to explain new features and how to do things.

more options is better I think
This doesn't follow from the previous statement. For people who have never used a forum, adding more options is only going to make it more complicated for them.

I understand 100% what he is asking for - in fact, I could use it (maybe it's in there already)....

Example: The first post in a thread is a review of a product - a long post. Then there is banter for 10 posts - then another member posts a further review of the same unit in a slightly newer model.

The admin would love to move that last post up until it was under the first (original) post in the thread. This would be admin or moderator only....obviously letting members do this would not work.

Based on the same idea, is there any way to insert a black (or new) post under the first post after a thread is filled. I guess all these functions could be attained by a "re-dating" of a post...by admin.

I'd be amazed if no add-on was ever thought of for this. It could be extremely useful. What we do instead now is to reserve a few (empty) posts after the first, but you never know how many to do and also many threads don't have these reserved posts, so you are SOL if you want to add posts to the original subject and not have them at the end.

Is there nothing out there for this?

I understand 100% what he is asking for - in fact, I could use it (maybe it's in there already)....

Example: The first post in a thread is a review of a product - a long post. Then there is banter for 10 posts - then another member posts a further review of the same unit in a slightly newer model.

The admin would love to move that last post up until it was under the first (original) post in the thread. This would be admin or moderator only....obviously letting members do this would not work.
Admins shouldn't really interfere with user products.

Anyway, this sounds like a lot of bloat. This is best to be an addon feature instead of a core feature.

Top Bottom