Ability to Join Threads (Posts on Different Threads)

yavuz

Sometimes users post messages 6 threads that has already been posted by someone else. When this occur I like to join these threads. In some cases the thread is weeks old and I couldn't figure out how to join this old thread with the newly posted one because selecting the first message of the posts doesn't seem to add it to the "to join list" when there are to different posts on different threads.

Maybe I'm missing something and this is a dumb question. But as far as I can see joining threads is not possible.

I've merged and split a lot of threads on this very forum.

Can you explain what you mean in another way as I don't understand the problem.

Select the first thread, select the second thread, click on merge threads usually works for me.

I've merged and split a lot of threads on this very forum.

Can you explain what you mean in another way as I don't understand the problem.

Select the first thread, select the second thread, click on merge threads usually works for me.

Merging threads in forum list example (http://xenforo.com/community/forums/suggestions-tweaks-small-features.18/) that is easy when they are near to each other for selection. But merging an old thread with a new one, expecially when this old thread was posted months ago and you have to search to find it... Going through a lot of pages is a painfull thing to do. Selecting the first messages of the threads seems not to work. Sorry If I wasn't clear enough before.

Well in that case all you need to do is select the oldest thread first, then go back to the thread list.
Then select any additional threads as required and merge them.

I speak from experience as I regularly merge threads on here with other threads posted several months ago.

If you have multiple browser windows/tabs open then this is why your selected threads are not being preserved.

Yes, that was the case. But it would be very helpfull if moderation tools were avaliable in the search results where this would a lot easier.

Top Bottom