Resource icon

[Aayush] Hide Hack v1 1.5.3

No permission to download
There is already a plugin for the 2.0 which includes this function;)

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/kl-editor-manager.5657/

• Hide
    • Hides content inside until various conditions are met:
      1. User has replied to thread, or
      2. User has liked the post, or
      3. User has a certain number of posts, or
      4. User has liked the post or replied to the thread
    • Comes with an editor dropdown and a set of permissions that allow you to control who's able to bypass the hide-codes.

struggling to get that to work with the hide tags
Shouldn't be that difficult, unless you have some other problem going on.

Editor Manager/Editor Toolbar Layout
jliar9z.jpg

Editor Manager/Editor & BB code options
PapSPdz.jpg

Found the hide yes but I also use the hide-thanks code which I’m not sure how to add to this plugin haha
If you're talking about trying to use this or some other addon along with the kl-editor, then I can't help you. But if you just mean you want to be able to manually input the default kl-editor codes, just use the hide icon(s) from your toolbar. If you want to know what code to use to manually add the tags, just toggle to the BB Code editor after adding them from the toobar to see what the code looks like.

There's a hide until liked and a hide until replied option, so all you have to do is hover your mouse over the corresponding icon from Available Buttons and drag it down to your toolbar. But if you just use the Hide icon I highlighted in the first image and place it on your toolbar, all the options will be available in a drop-down beneath it. Isn't the hide until liked or replied option the same as hide until thanked...? And you can pick a default that will be applied with hide by using the drop-down menu shown in the second image.

@Littlebigdunc

Yeah, after taking another look at this addon's description, it looks like you're maybe just hung up on semantics here, because you're not seeing the word "thanks" in the kl-editor options/icon decriptions...?

From Aayush's Hide Hack description:
  • [HIDE-THANKS] -> Content within can only be seen after the user click's "Like" button.
  • [HIDE-REPLY-THANKS] -> Content within this tag is not shown to user until he/she either reply or press "Like" button.
If you take a moment to read and understand that, you'll see that there is absolutely no functional difference between those two options and the options available in the kl-editor addon.

In kl-editor these two do the exact same thing:

[HIDETHANKS][/HIDETHANKS]

[HIDEREPLYTHANKS][/HIDEREPLYTHANKS]

Or if you set "Hide until replied or like" as the default, just using [hide] will do the same thing as the second example.

Hi @Aayush ,
How can i delete : [HIDE-REPLY-THANKS] and [/HIDE-REPLY-THANKS] from my board , after uninstall this addon ?

thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom