Resource icon

[Aayush] Hide Hack v1 1.5.3

No permission to download
I've been having some issues with this plugin and was wondering if there is any support given ?
1. I've had to disable the unlike button as people can like to get details then unlike again.
2. Recently people who have liked the post the information remains hidden or even shows up then they come back later and it's hidden again.

We are trying to get rid of people commenting to get details as it bumps posts. Is there any fix the the like issue?

I've been having some issues with this plugin and was wondering if there is any support given ?
1. I've had to disable the unlike button as people can like to get details then unlike again.
2. Recently people who have liked the post the information remains hidden or even shows up then they come back later and it's hidden again.

We are trying to get rid of people commenting to get details as it bumps posts. Is there any fix the the like issue?

Are you using any addon which does some modification to default "Like" feature ?

I will be releasing a new version with several fixes and cleaner code this weekend.

Last edited:
In my forum - freakgamers.org , if you enter in a thread and push ctrl+u , you can view the hiden content .

view-source:http://www.freakgamers.org/threads/new-homes-and-design-new-village-pegasus.3558/

Demo : http://prntscr.com/9s6swj

I can't see hidden content on this page: http://www.freakgamers.org/threads/new-homes-and-design-new-village-pegasus.3558/

This is what i see in view-source:

Code:
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeVfcHH HiddenContent">
<div class="attribution type">Hidden Content:</div>
<blockquote>**Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**</blockquote>
</div>
<div class="messageTextEndMarker">&nbsp;</div>
</blockquote>
</article>
</div>

Just a thought, in the new update could ther be an admin log made on each post which logs members who liked a post regardless if they unlike the post? Adding the unlike button back on my forum should make the like plugin work again but I would require it to log each member who liked the post which don't delete when they unlike

Do you know if there's a way to default all threads in a section as hidden?

I would like a certain section of my forum to have all threads hidden until a reply was made.

Has anyone figured out an edit to make this compatible with Post Ratings? It appears that all requests to Aayush for this compatibility have been ignored, either because he can't do it or doesn't want to do it (which is cool, it's not like he owes us anything - it's free!), but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask the rest of you. TIA

Okay, just to spare anyone already using the Post Ratings addon from wasting their time, you won't be able to use it and this addon at the same time, even if you don't use the Hide-Thanks option. At least that was my experience. I tried using only the Hide-Reply option (I'm on XF 1.5), but unhidden text would be hidden again when members revisited those threads, requiring them to reply multiple times. After disabling Post Ratings that problem disappeared.

I did, however, have another problem that persisted even after disabling Post Ratings, which was that hiding text just didn't work most of the time, text would almost always be unhidden even after adding the hide tags. But then if I edited the posts, deleting, saving, and adding the hide tags again, I could get it to work - the text would be hidden. Sometimes I had to do this several times, though, to get it to work. So...you might have to completely delete Post Ratings, rather than simply disabling it.

Thanks to the author, though, for what I'm sure is normally a great addon - if you steer clear of Post Ratings. ;)

This is a phenomenal add-on thank you!
I do have one question and I apologise in advance..
I have automatically selected some usergroups, but when I test - they are not automatically ticked when I go to reply.
Even after inserting, the only group with view permissions always seems to be admin.
Any ideas? Many thanks and seriously this is an amazing add-on and really (urgently) needed. Thank you

Hi @Aayush Agrawal
i have problem with hidden like, only for locked thread, loading bar still appear and text still show must like.
i send detail via conversation please see.
thank you.

Top Bottom