A year has almost come to a close

Banana Pup

So a year since i purchased xF is coming around the bend. I know not renewing, I can't receive any new update downloads. My question is though do I lose access here to forums only open to lisc holders and will I still be able to download mods in the resource section? Money is tight atm, so I won't be renewing until a new major release happens.

XenForo 1-Year Extension - $40, additional cost with add-ons

The 1-year extension provides access to support and updates for a year from the date of purchase. Please note that your license must be up-to-date to access certain licensed customer areas, such as ticket support.

If you purchase any add-ons (such as XenForo Enhanced Search), their renewal costs will be automatically added as part of your XenForo license extension. For example, with the XenForo Enhanced search, a 1 year extension would be offered at $50 ($40 + $10). If you wish to renew your license without the add-on, the add-on can be cancelled by contacting us. However, to regain access to the add-on, you must purchase it again.

With an expired XF license you still get full access to this forum and its resources (addons, etc). You just can't download new versions of XF itself (or official addons like Enhanced Search) until you renew.
Glad you guys are smarter than IPB...once your license expired (and it would every 6 months), you couldn't access addon downloads or various "licensed" discussion forums. This makes me happy :)

With an expired XF license you still get full access to this forum and its resources (addons, etc). You just can't download new versions of XF itself (or official addons like Enhanced Search) until you renew.

Thanks Jake! One more, in the event I need to re-download current version.. like now 1.1.2, would I still have access to do so, like you can with vB?

Thanks Jake! One more, in the event I need to re-download current version.. like now 1.1.2, would I still have access to do so, like you can with vB?

You can download the last version available on your license, just like vBulletin. In this case, 1.1.2 will be available to download.

(I know, I have an expired license and can still download it...)

Honestly I think XF are losing out on potential profits by not doing it the 'IPB way', especially with huge gaps between releases where people let their licenses lapse

I'm not just going to throw money at them because "i support xf" - there needs to be a concrete reason.

I know that seems overly harsh, but I'm sure a lot of people are doing it too

Honestly I think XF are losing out on potential profits by not doing it the 'IPB way', especially with huge gaps between releases where people let their licenses lapse

I'm not just going to throw money at them because "i support xf" - there needs to be a concrete reason.

I know that seems overly harsh, but I'm sure a lot of people are doing it too
Concrete reason why I renewed: I'd rather KAM not completely lose interest in developing the product because people boycott them. If XF folds, I will have much more things to worry about than the 50/y renewal.

Top Bottom