A server error occurred. Please try again later.

Jeffin

Just a few hours ago, my forum is showing

and when I login to the forum, it shows
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

Any idea what it might be? I haven't changed any settings or installed anything and only I have admin access to the forum. Need help please. My site is www.christianforumsite.com

Since converting to XF a year and a half ago, I've never once had to repair my DB.

It's the first time it happened to me. No idea what might have caused it? May be server load or something?

MyISAM tables are more susceptible to superficial corruption during events like server crashes. A repair will usually fix it.

XenForo uses mostly InnoDB tables which don't experience the same kind of superficial corruption as MyISAM. But there are a few tables in XF that use MyISAM such as xf_session which became corrupt for jeffinj. A repair fixed it.

A circuit breaker tripped which caused several databases and tables to go wonky

Is there a way I can inject a message into the site while the database is being repaired? Right now all it is doing is telling people a server error occurred (and before I turned off debug mode, it was even going as far as to describe them the call stack and specific mysql error). I would like to change that message to say "hey, I'm working on the problem but I don't know when it will finish, lots of databases to go through and repair" but I'm not sure right off the bat where to go do that

This is now happening to me - my server error states:
Code:
ErrorException: Undefined variable: errno - library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:236

It is at the moment preventing people from registering. Anyone know a way to fix it? I am on shared hosting.

Just a few hours ago, my forum is showing

and when I login to the forum, it shows
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

Any idea what it might be? I haven't changed any settings or installed anything and only I have admin access to the forum. Need help please. My site is www.christianforumsite.com

Exactly the same thing is happening to my site. My host has advised "Likely stems from table corruption. Databases > phpMyAdmin > check & repair the tables", but I have logged into phpMyAdmin and I can't see anything like "Check & repair tables".

Can someone help, please? I'm a complete MySQL noob so don't know what I'm doing, and I don't want to mess up the database. :(

Thanks.

If it's any help, I have just logged-on to phpMyAdmin to see if anything was obviously wrong (even to a bumbling buffoon like me), and noticed the following lines:

xf_session
bd_browse.png
Browse Structure
bd_select.png
Search Insert
bd_empty.png
Empty Drop in use

xf_session_activity
bd_browse.png
Browse Structure
bd_select.png
Search Insert
bd_empty.png
Empty Drop
MEMORY utf8_general_ci
0 B
-
xf_session_admin Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop
MyISAM utf8_general_ci

I don't remember seeing anything like that before. Is that right?

I haven't got a clue where to start fixing this. :(

Exactly the same thing is happening to my site. My host has advised "Likely stems from table corruption. Databases > phpMyAdmin > check & repair the tables", but I have logged into phpMyAdmin and I can't see anything like "Check & repair tables".

Can someone help, please? I'm a complete MySQL noob so don't know what I'm doing, and I don't want to mess up the database. :(

Thanks.

Check the tables that are marked as crashed. Down the bottom, there is a drop down box.

repair.webp

It's threads like this that anyone umm-ing and ahh-ing about buying xF should be directed to.

This community is solid and support offered and given by members is un-surpassed.

Definitely. I've had a couple of instances of my site going down and I've felt completely helpless, and each time someone from this community has got me back up and running within minutes. :)

Thanks very much MattW; I was in a right pickle!

Wow. I logged into (or tried to log into rather) my forum a few moments ago, only to see the same error.
I wasn't exactly sure what the error was - but had an idea that there was a corrupt table that needed to be reparied or some such. So I googled and immediately this thread came up in the results.

So thanks to all who've assisted the OP with the fix. It was a great help.

Hope you all had a very happy Thanksgiving. ;)

J.

Top Bottom