1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A serious question...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by EQnoble, Mar 10, 2011.

1. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Ok so I am in a crap mood right now...I need something to watch (preferably a documentary) to focus on and learn to sidetrack my evil little brain and it's 5 × 1014 synaptic clefts which are just not thinking nice things.

A name will do fine...for reference I already own everything the history channel has on dvd that is worth having...so that can be skipped unless you know something that is REALLY good

I have also been as of late watching art docs...(most recently as in today have watched a history of Caravaggio and one of Manet ) and need a little break from interpretive subject matter into hard facts.
  2. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

3. EQnoble

They covered this pretty well in America: The History of US...the Donner party event was a tragic thing. I'll check it out right now and see if it covers any different angles.

Update@prepost: It does seem to be more in depth about the parties members and their struggles...Watching.

PS this was a great link...I can't believe I never thought of going here to watch...THANKS for the link...I now have more stuff to watch (and more reason to provide support from viewers like me :))
  4. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

Wait till the graphic depictions are presented in the third part of the documentary. I like how well immigrants' lives and struggles are narrated.
    EQnoble likes this.
  5. EQnoble

heheh..I figured out how to get to chapterless player :) ... http://video.pbs.org/video/1401950336
    first step in the PBS bbcode :)

Ill probably be able to figure out what section you are talking about regardless, even without the chapters. I would assume 15-20 mins in. Sound right?
  6. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

EQnoble likes this.
  7. EQnoble

8. Lost

Lost Well-Known Member

Some documentaries I enjoyed:
    • Exit Through the Gift Shop
    • Religulous
  9. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

This one is an eye-opener: A Certain Kind Of Death

"Unblinking and unsettling, "A Certain Kind of Death" lays bare a mysterious process that goes on all around us: What happens to people who die with no next of kin?"

The rest 6 parts of the documentary: