A separate section for 2.1.x series add-ons and modifications...

Neutral Singh

I think to avoid confusion, it would be prudent to have a separate section for 2.1.x series of add-ons as most of these are incompatible with 2.0.x series... putting all 2.1.x add-ons under 2.x is pretty vague and inaccurate, IMHO.

By the end of full conversion to 2.1.x series by devs, there would more than 2K of 2.1.x series of add-ons...

Last edited:
most of these are incompatible with 2.0.x series
That isn't correct.

Most add-ons released for XF 2.0 should be compatible with XF 2.1 and vice versa.

If a developer decides to release an add-on that only works with XF 2.1 then that is their prerogative and it will belong in the XenForo 2 category with the appropriate versions mentioned in the custom field. Some developers may decide to maintain both versions in which case they can do this with code conditionals, or they could use the multiple files ability in the RM or just start releasing only a 2.1 supported version while the 2.0 supported version would still be available for download from the version history section of the resource.

Currently, (or I could not easily find) there is no way, other than checking each add-on individually, to tell which add-ons are compatible with which forum software version...

I think, having a simple filtering option (1.5, 2.0, 2.1) in the drop-down would be nice.

Last edited:
Bear in mind we went a full 6 years through four or five XF 1.x releases without ever the need to add any sort of additional filtering or separate categories. Again, even if the current supported version only supports XF 2.1, there may be previous releases under the "History" tab which support earlier versions.

By the time XF 2.1 is released, it will be an even more moot point.

And my point is that such a filter is unnecessary because it will be most of them. And there has never been a definitive way to list all add-ons compatible with 1.5 vs 1.4 vs 1.3 vs 1.2 and it has not posed a significant challenge, so I don't envisage it will now either.

Top Bottom