A request to Lawrence before I purchase licenses for my forums.

otare

I heard about xenforo yesterday after a friend told me about the claim that vb filed which made me think that they feel threatened. After hearing that this forum is created by my heroes I decided to jump ship from vb and come to xenforo. I use an add on that lets users to have signatures after a number of posts which is very vital for my forums. I saw that Lawrence is creating a how to for that at this link

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/creating-an-addon.5416/

but has not finished it. Can you please finish it completly or make it into a downloadable add on link? I really need that add on.

I have a few more presale questions. Does xenforo has post moderation? Because that is very important for my forums too.
I read the thread about the spam cleaner and it looked very promissing. Is it affective? Did someone make use of it yet?
Can I open the forum that serve as links in new tabs?
And the mos important question, does a vb 3.8.6 converter exists or not yet at this point?
I have a few more questions about the alert notifications that I heard so much but that can wait for later.

Keep in mind that the XenForo is still in beta. It's been available for less than a week. Asking someone to finish a mod 'completely' because you 'really need' it is pouring it on a little strong at this point.

With that said:
Yes, you can moderate posts.
You can probably code something like that.
Yes, there is a converter, but you shouldn't convert a life, functioning board until XenForo is ready.

The above shouldn't keep you from buying a license now however. Buy it, install it in a spare directory, have fun playing with it. Learn it. Once it goes 'Gold' and all the bugs have been worked out, you'll be able to make the transition smoothly.

Thank you for your advice Chimpie but I do not want to give more money to IB to renew my licenses. I better give it to xenforo and I am sure that if I will have problems with my forums I will get help here or am I wrong with that assumption? I did not mean to pour it on a little strong with my request to Lawrence. I appologize if I came across as such. It is just that I really need that add on. I am willing to make a handsome donation to him to finish it.
Borbole thank you for your quick response. That looks like it is an easy edit that even I can make.

I loved that little red pop up notification that says You have been awarded a trophy: First Message
4:40 PM

otare, please do not abuse the Report function, asking essentially the same thing you have in the opening post - for Lawrence to finish his add-on.

In addition to writing that tutorial, he is also busy helping members here as well as performing his moderating duties.

You have made your point, now please allow Lawrence to respond as and when he has time.

I heard about xenforo yesterday after a friend told me about the claim that vb filed which made me think that they feel threatened. After hearing that this forum is created by my heroes I decided to jump ship from vb and come to xenforo. I use an add on that lets users to have signatures after a number of posts which is very vital for my forums. I saw that Lawrence is creating a how to for that at this link

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/creating-an-addon.5416/

but has not finished it. Can you please finish it completly or make it into a downloadable add on link? I really need that add on.

I have a few more presale questions. Does xenforo has post moderation? Because that is very important for my forums too.
I read the thread about the spam cleaner and it looked very promissing. Is it affective? Did someone make use of it yet?
Can I open the forum that serve as links in new tabs?
And the mos important question, does a vb 3.8.6 converter exists or not yet at this point?
I have a few more questions about the alert notifications that I heard so much but that can wait for later.

Hi Otare, and welcome to XenForo. Very pleased to have you here as part of our XenForo community. :)

Be assured that tutorial will be completed as soon as possible. I am currently away from my home to be with a sick family member, and so my time has been understandably pretty limited. I am hoping to get the next section online tomorrow that will cover creating Admin set options. Once that is completed, the rest is just the actual code itself with an explaination of what the actual it is doing, so that last section will be fairly quick to write-up.

Sorry for the delay with the tutorial, it should have been completed a few days ago. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Hi Otare, and welcome to XenForo. Very pleased to have you here as part of our XenForo community. :)

Be assured that tutorial will be completed as soon as possible. I am currently away from my home to be with a sick family member, and so my time has been understandably pretty limited. I am hoping to get the next section online tomorrow that will cover creating Admin set options. Once that is completed, the rest is just the actual code itself with an explaination of what the actual it is doing, so that last section will be fairly quick to write-up.

Sorry for the delay with the tutorial, it should have been completed a few days ago. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Hi Lawrence. Thank you very much for the welcome and for your answer. I am very sorry if I bothered you but I was a little anxious because I want to dump vb and come to xenforo as soon as possible. Please pm me your paypal account. I want to make a donation to you for finishing your guide.

I had one last pesale question about the alert notification system. It is possible to deny access to it to some users or make it so that users with 2 posts can see them?

This will require a custom mod. The idea looks interesting and I think I might have an use for it myself as well. I will see if I will have some free time next week to code it.

Hi Lawrence. Thank you very much for the welcome and for your answer. I am very sorry if I bothered you but I was a little anxious because I want to dump vb and come to xenforo as soon as possible. Please pm me your paypal account. I want to make a donation to you for finishing your guide.

Thank you for your offer, but any Add-on I release here will always be free of charge. :) I have a working copy of what you are looking for, now. It's rather simple, but pretty useful, and thought it would make a good tutorial on how to create an Add-on for XenForo. This tutorial should have been completed a few days ago, but things happen that are out of your control. I have the next section completed, so only one left to write up, :)

Thank you for your offer, but any Add-on I release here will always be free of charge. :) I have a working copy of what you are looking for, now. It's rather simple, but pretty useful, and thought it would make a good tutorial on how to create an Add-on for XenForo. This tutorial should have been completed a few days ago, but things happen that are out of your control. I have the next section completed, so only one left to write up, :)

Thank you very much Lawrence. The tutorial is veray easy to follow even for us non tech swavy admins. Can you please add an option that I can choose some groups to exlude. That they do not need to have the number of posts to create signatures. I have 2 special groups in my forums that I do not want to impose this limit. The subscriber group and my VIP group. Thank you :)

Thank you very much Lawrence. The tutorial is veray easy to follow even for us non tech swavy admins. Can you please add an option that I can choose some groups to exlude. That they do not need to have the number of posts to create signatures. I have 2 special groups in my forums that I do not want to impose this limit. The subscriber group and my VIP group. Thank you :)

The Add-on itself is completed, and you can select which groups can not edit a signature until they reach X post count. If a member's primary or secondary group is selected, then they will not be able to create a signature. This check excludes those who are admins or moderators that belong to one of the groups. If you do not select any group, then it defaults to registered.

I'm working on the tutorial in bits and pieces as I can not get the time to sit down and finish this while I'm away. I'm striving to get it done as soon as possible. The worse case scenario is that I'll be back home at the end of the week, and so the tutorial will be completed by the end of the weekend.

Top Bottom