A question about admin-talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadmperry

In thinking back on the crappy old days when there were scavangers, naysayers, carpetbaggers, and idiots polluting this site and the internet with dire predictions of gloom and doom, I recalled a particular low form of life who set up a site called xenforo sucks dot com (I did not want to put the actual link in case it somehow resulted in any miniscule benefit to them...but, I checked this site and it redirected to admin-talk...I have been looking at some of the posts, but can't tell if there is any relationship between the lowlife who owned the original site and the new redirected site). Does anyone know the real deal here?

Admin-Talk owned by @Brandon Sheley who is member here, he would be right person to answer.:)

Ah, okay...I kind of remember that, now that you say it. (I am not a regular "forum admin" site participant, but do check in on some from time to time). And I am pretty sure I have visited Brandon's site before. I think the thing that threw me was that it is now running on XF (thumbs up for that), and, especially, the redirect.

I really don't care much to stir up drama, and if no reason or no response is given, I am completely fine with that and, either way, I am not losing sleep over this issue- however if @Brandon Sheley is interested in sharing if the redirect is intentional or if there is some backstory here, I am somewhat interested. Like I said, though, this is just curiosity and I don't really care too much at all (Though, I do have a low opinion of the original XF sucks owner...lower than snake excrement in my humble opinion).

Can only hope the aforementioned low life has no part of the admin talk site, or that would be very unfortunate.
heh

Can only hope the aforementioned low life has no part of the admin talk site, or that would be very unfortunate.
heh

Yeah, I hope not. My post was more out of curiosity than anything else...and I certainly do not mean to bash @Brandon Sheley or admin-talk. It just caught my attention that there was a redirect from that low life's site to the admin-talk site.

I certainly am not a a fan of any unwarranted drama. Just made me wonder why that bottom feeding site would redirect there.

David McHenry seems to be a very troubled individual (as the name attached to the registration of that domain at the time)... I found it interesting to read, if nothing else...

It's redirected by someone else, not admin-talk staff... Somebody has created this topic in past, and Brandon explained to them.

CMIIW.

Thanks, that is good to know...Like I said, I was not hoping to create drama, I was just curious. Thanks for clearing that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom