1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Admin Talk on xenForo

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by Brandon Sheley, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

I'm currently in the process of re-branding the site because of an issue with the domain name from the guy I purchased the site from, but thought I'd toss it up here anyways to see if I could get any feedback. :)

I present to you Admin Talk, a forum for website administrators and system admins.

We're currently running the beta or RC's of xenforo so I'm just using a modified version of the default style. We have a nice paid style that may be put back in place once GOLD is out. (y)

Dan and Alien like this.
  2. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Admin-talk - like the design - dark blue psychologically is trustworthy.
    Cute favicon.
    I'm a sucker for Jake's category designs!

The pale blue text on the guest welcome message I had to highlight in order to read.

Brandon Sheley likes this.
  3. Brandon Sheley

Thanks for the comments
    Thank you, I'll work on that :)
    I dig the color options in the admin panel, I'm not a designer by far but was able to edit a few colors pretty quickly.

4. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Blimey, I didn't even know i registered at your forum and then realized You must have imported the adminbb.org database into AT.

I'd personally hunt around for a style the current looks to default with a few minor touches to it which I find to be a little too blue in some areas. Either that or you could go with something a little more exclusive in the way of a custom style? I'd think this would be a little more inviting to guests that thought about registering but turned away.

Nice large forum which is always good. I just don't think the style is very inviting.

5. WhatChaMissin

WhatChaMissin Active Member

I would recolor this section to make the text stand out more.

6. Brandon Sheley

Actually this was the AdminBB site but we recently had to moved to the .com
    We do have a nice paid style but it hasn't been updated to 1.1.x yet.
    Thanks for the feedback both of you!
    I'll see if I can work on the "welcome block" tonight.

WhatChaMissin likes this.
  7. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I has been a member of Admin Talk since launch. And it's great to see Mr. Sheley take the ship to places where it's never been before! :D

8. Brandon Sheley

Thanks Carlos :)
    It hasn't always been easy, but it has been fun. (y)

9. GeeBee

GeeBee Member

What's going on with this site? The new owners seem to be happy to let it run into the ground?

10. Brandon Sheley

No idea what's going on there. I haven't been to it since I sold it. I think it was sold one or two more times since.

GeeBee and SneakyDave like this.
  11. GeeBee

GeeBee Member

Thanks @Brandon Sheley I recall the last sale, just not sure why it floundered