A little tool i made ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

papand13

Hi there fellow XenForo users!

I have been using spoilers alot on pages in my XenForo instillation, i got the code from Brogan's answer to this thread: (Thanks Brogan ;)) http://xenforo.com/community/threads/bb-code-spoiler.5589/ .

I got tired of having to change the text manually inside the big line of code, so i made a little tool to help me. I am using it alot, so i thought i would share. Just in case someone could use it. :D

I have attached the tool, please do tell me if you can use it. :)

Oh, and please move the thread if it is en wrong forum, i didn't know were to put it.

Regards,
Papand13.

Attachments

As well as the attachment containing .exe files, I note this user has no previous posts either. Not sure what to make of this either, there is no library/ folder and no .xml install script, so what is this?

WARNING

Would advise people not to download this.

Reviewing the code here and something doesn't look right.

Could be a false alarm, but I'm noticing this requesting access in places it shouldn't (or at least I don't think it should).

Sorry i will explain better and post images. :S
It is not an addon, it is a tool. It help to make XenForo page compatible spoilers.
Here is how it works:
1. - Insert spoiler title and the text to be within, then click generate and copy the result.
iMzAUM2xF2o5q.png

2. - Insert the result in your page's HTML.
ibctEX2DnDgWw0.png

3. - And it works as a spoiler. A simple one, but it works.
i92LShzEK3kZz.png

I have no ideá ;( I just made it in Microsoft Visual C# Express. I just use it for myself, and thought i would share. The only code i have made is working with the buttons you see. I have no background code. And no intentional admin requests. I can take it away and just use it myself if you don't want it here.

I'm concerned with your installer.

certificate and Homesite in particular

Not saying this is bad, but it just look "odd" and doesn't exactly pass my sniff test.

Would think something as simple could have been done via a standalone program. And I'm sure there is away to do this without a program .. ie... Site code.

I'll let someone else (Anonymous) review things and see what they find.

Sure it can be done without a program. It is just easier with this. I just made it to make my work easier, and though someone else could maybe use it for the same purpose.

I am pretty sure i can't even make an admin rights program when using the One-Click installer that i am using. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/142dbbz4(v=vs.90).aspx look under security permissions. After what i understand out of that, i would not even be able to do such a thing as to ask for admin permissions. And it doesn't ask for admin permissions when i run it.

This is what I found, just running it through a few typical scan programs (nothing extreme).

Still waiting for someone else to get back to me.
Capture.webp

I found reading TheVisitors replies so funny. The amount of crap this guy comes out with is quite comical.

No matter how genuine it is, I don't think it's in XenForos best interest to all members to download random executable files uploaded by unknown members.

I agree with this, good intentions or not, allowing the distribution of unvarified exes could lead to abuse further down the line.

Should i make it with a flash file and upload it to a website, so you cannot complain about downloading it. Then it just being a script on the web.

I have no ideá ;( I just made it in Microsoft Visual C# Express. I just use it for myself, and thought i would share. The only code i have made is working with the buttons you see. I have no background code. And no intentional admin requests. I can take it away and just use it myself if you don't want it here.

That same spoiler code is posted on the MyBB forums, I used it before and it's been there for years. In fact, I worked it further adding some extra styling to it to look better. I've seen that spoiler code pop-up tons of times on other forums which each person claiming they created it, LOL!

http://mods.mybb.com/view-resource/spoiler-tag
http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=4408

As far as I know, these kind of files are meant to be posted to the resource manager where files are usually reviewed by staff before posted. It doesn't even look like you have a license to begin with.

That same spoiler code is posted on the MyBB forums, I used it before and it's been there for years. IN fact I worked it further adding some extra styling to it.
Yes, i utilize the code that Brogan had posted. Then i use the program to automaticly put the text in the code the right places. So i can quickly make my spoilers for my pages. Instead of having to manually find and change the text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom