• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

A jump-to-top button in the postbit.

anotheralias

A top button to the left of all the other right-side buttons, or in the center. (Just not the far left.)

If someone would kindly just post the code and where it goes relative to the other code, I'd be very grateful. :)

(Eventually, I mean - I can't figure out a good way to say "at your leisure, if you care to do it.")

This should work for you if I understood your request.

In the provided template editor, edit the template "post":

Code:
	<a href="{xen:link threads/post-permalink, $thread, 'post={$post}'}" class="item muted postNumber" title="{xen:phrase permalink}">#{xen:calc '{$post.position} + 1'}</a>
        /* insert begin */
        <span class="item">
        <a href="{xen:link threads, $thread}#top"> Top</a>
        </span>
        /* insert end */
       <xen:if is="{$post.canLike}">

Insert the lines noted in the code. Note the page already has a #top anchor so thats all.
Screenshot:
XenForo_top_link_in_postbit.webp

Even if thats not exactly what you want, you should be able to wrangle the positioning fairly easy.

Cheers,
Chris

Yep, just a simple go-to-top, and the only way I knew how to do it was with code that's about ten years old, or 100 years old in Internet Time. :)

Top Bottom