'A gentleman allows a lady to maintain her fiction'

... I'm pretty sure a thread about the lush Jack Sparrow who I'd happily dress as a buxom wench and fulfil his every fantasy - no matter what...
I'm pretty sure you missed the word "for" between "Sparrow" and "who".... unless you really did mean to give us the imagery that you'd dress Jack Sparrow up as a pirate wench. :eek:

:p

The funny part is that while Depp is in character as Sparrow that he likely wouldn't rule out dressing up as a wench for a little role play fun. OK, there is your mental image of the day.... go run with it. :D
Oh I can go with that...... although, naked would be better so can we just strip the clothes off and go from there instead?

LOL yes, although he could dress as a wench if he wanted to.. I wouldn't kick him out of bed either way :D

Well dressed up as a woman I would call him Jack-o-lin or Jack Somethin. :p

But in all seriousness, that is dedication right there :)

The funny part is that while Depp is in character as Sparrow that he likely wouldn't rule out dressing up as a wench for a little role play fun. OK, there is your mental image of the day.... go run with it. :D

Character depth important for a good actor.. Johnny Depp starring as Jack Sparrow who is playing a winch. Brilliant .....maybe there is genius behind the eyeliner after all :)

johnny_depp.webp

Seriously, it should be illegal to look that lickable!

Who gives a flying flip if he said man? It's his damn quote :|
Yep, as somebody mentioned on page 1, you can't just change the words to a quote and then continue to attribute it to the person. It is obvious that Lee meant "Man" as in "mankind" and so trying to make an issue out of it is pretty silly.

Since the quote in question came from 'On Stranger Tides' and references a lady, shouldn't be we seeing some pics of the lady, Penelope Cruz? After all, we wouldn't want to make this thread biased against women. ;)

It would be fascinating if it was the point of the thread.. it's not..

That's a fascinating admin issue in itself. Do we hold people strictly and tightly to a thread's original toipic which means things stay logical and disciplined? Or do we permit offshoots to develop?
I see XF as fairly liberal here especially in offtopic.

I know I find your constant posts about "man is mean, woman is mistreated" fairly irritating .....

Why on earth do you interpret what I say like that? This is your assumption.
I've never said men are mean. If anything I prefer men - most of my friends and beloveds are men, not to mention most of my lovers.
Nor do I think it is as simple as women are mistreated. Many are, but I also see men cut off from their children, or denied fatherhood by abortion, or exploited for their money. It's complicated.

What I don't do though is turn away, avoid, how sexism shapes the way we think. Again if anything I find it more understandable when men are sexist. They after all gain some advantages from it. I find it harder to be patient with my own gender when they unthinkingly suck up the stereotypes and assumptions.

the gods only know what the men think (gods - as in male/female/animal/spirit/mineral.. whatever you believe... ).

Divine male/female/animal/spirit/mineral - you forgot vegetable!
Very good portrait of my religion - quite seriously.

There are times and places for the kinds of discussions you keep trying to force on people ... I'm pretty sure a thread about the lush Jack Sparrow who I'd happily dress as a buxom wench and fulfil his every fantasy - no matter what... isn't it.

Oh YES - stark naked with roses in my teeth (without thorns) with a bottle of mead, plenty of velvet cushions, some cute ribbons and bits of leather, a bottle of almond oil, and hours of free time. Preferably with him clothed so he could be slowly and lovingly stripped down to his essentials.
Buxom wench costume well maybe if he wanted it though I'm not keen on the corsets. Done that yuck. Inhibits full breathing which is SO important for sexual delight.

It wouldn't be so bad if you actually made it sound interesting.... unfortunately, I'm sorry, but you don't.. you just sound like you're whining. There, I said it... please.. for the love of god, make like a wine bottle and put a cork in it.

I don't know what you mean whining.
I find it fascinating how humans tick - how gender works its patterns - how war, sex, ecology, cities, technology, poetry you name it all mesh around human power systems. Sorry if you don't. We're just different then.

I can't imagine whining. I'm a rich and successful matriarch mostly by my own efforts. I adore being a woman and of course mothering is just the peak human experience. I have loved a number of men and a few women and my husband is the toughest b----d and the sweetest sexiest of them all. I've taken on my own government and won, as well as making legal history by a precedent high court case about living together.
I've pioneered in countless directions and eventually gave up being famous because it bored me.

Whining? What about? That women live under ugly disadvantages? that's not whining that's just description.
Whining would be complaining and doing nothing about it. Or being spiteful to individual men as if it's their fault. (In fact it's often stupid cowardly women giving in to it.)
Or using the system as an excuse not to get off backside and do what you need to do.
"I can't" is not part of my vocabulary and I can't be bothered with nincompoop women who whine they can't do things (except in certain societies without our advantages which is quite different).
But that doesn't mean I am interested in pretending everything in the garden is lovely. It isn't and it will take generations to cleanse the Augean stables of all the muck history has left for us. I guess I'm so used to that that it doesn't depress me or annoy me. It's just how things are.
I must try to remember others are not used to looking at this stuff calmly and it does depress or annoy if you're not used to it. Sorry.

Top Bottom