A Game of Thrones. - Season 2.

The story prepares very elegantly as new characters & groups are introduced. After every episode I hunger for more :D

All i could think with the above comment was...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Brilliant episode, wow.
That pyrotechnic scene was awesome.
Might very well be one of the best TV show episodes ever done. Considering the relatively low budget they have for a 50 minutes episode (compared to what a typical full scale movie production can spend for ~2-3 hours), they did an awesome job.

35jmkh.webp

Brilliant episode, wow.
That pyrotechnic scene was awesome.
It was, sort of like a funky green nuke going off!

I've just started on the 2nd book in the series which covers this season, the first book was excellent and shows how well adapted the show was from the book. The advantage with the books are that you get far more back ground info, things that they just can't convey on the show.

When I get to the end of this book, I'm in two minds as to read book 3 before the 3rd season - I don't want to spoil any surprises! lol

How well adapted the shows were from the books?!? And you said you read the books? They've changed some pretty major things and even killed off a couple characters who had parts to play. They have made Cersei a sympathetic character where in the book she's totally not and they've taken everything Tyrion did and watered it down to either be someone else's idea or an accident. And the dragons being stolen? Never happened. [spoiler (changed color of spoilered text)]Arya never met Tywin, Catelyn didn't learn about Rob's girlfriend until they married and she thought Bran & Rickon were dead - which was her reason for setting Jaime free. [/spoiler] Littlefinger is obviously devious instead of subtle.

They've changed so many things about the show that it's not even funny.

How well adapted the shows were from the books?!? And you said you read the books? They've changed some pretty major things and even killed off a couple characters who had parts to play. They have made Cersei a sympathetic character where in the book she's totally not and they've taken everything Tyrion did and watered it down to either be someone else's idea or an accident. And the dragons being stolen? Never happened. //spoiler snipped

They've changed so many things about the show that it's not even funny.
Well, have to say I've only read the first book.... That was pretty much as per the first season, with a couple of small changes from what I remembered.

I'll give you that the first season was closer to the books than this season has been. And I apologize for the spoilers and hope I didn't ruin anything for anyone. No spoiler tags here so I did what I could.

Top Bottom